Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so, apparently they're going to implement the same strike rule for auto steer as FSD where after a certain number of strikes, you will lose access to the feature for good. This kind of draconian approach to vehicle features is almost enough to push avid tesla supporters away from the brand. I know there's little Tesla can do at this point but let's start by maybe renaming these features and start taking down the long pole in the tent.

Blame the feds for that one. What happened to personal responsibility?
The release notes are saying lockout is a week after the five strikes. So it's close to FSD nanny regime, but shorter than FSD's two-week lockout. I think "blame the feds" seems accurate on this one - they have a long history of burdening the broad population to prevent a .01% occurrence. It's a difficult decision, I understand. Saying no is always easy, saying yes takes rare courage.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Back on topic... Anyone else get a VIN recently?
Ordered December 6, 2023, my EDD changed yesterday.

Dec 6 - Dec14 (8 days)
EDD 1: Jan 2024 - Feb 2024

Dec 14 -
EDD 2: January 28 - March 10

No VIN yet, no 2024 VIN sightings. Tesla is probably holding '24 VINs as an inventory reduction strategy to empty the channel of as many '23 VINs as they can.
1702675061167.png

Ordered December 6, 2023, my EDD changed yesterday.

Dec 6 - Dec14 (8 days)
EDD 1: Jan 2024 - Feb 2024

Dec 14 -
EDD 2: January 28 - March 10

No VIN yet, no 2024 VIN sightings. Tesla is probably holding '24 VINs as an inventory reduction strategy to empty the channel of as many '23 VINs as they can.
View attachment 999761
Thats a big jump in delivery times. The wait times at the end of this year were 3-4 weeks from order date. You’re delivery time is about 8-14 weeks. I wonder if they’re stopping production at the beginning of the year.

Reactions: dn325ci
Pretty sure the primary issue is basic AP and owners using it where it shouldn’t be used hence the new recall safeties.
The Basic AP nannies allowed a lot more freedom. For example, the gaze nanny was not required for basic AP (I know this as my cabin camera has long been covered) and the steering torque nanny could be fooled for long periods with a weight. And there was not a time-based lockout - if you did get a lockout for 3 violations somehow, putting the car in park and back in drive reset it. My read of documents is this is what the feds are going after - abuses of that system.

Continues to be an irony, of course, because the ultimate goal of self-driving is to eventually give people back some time. Erroneous! - Vince Vaughn, Wedding Crashers.