Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As soon as I open the app it shows the estimated delivery date right below the image of the car.
View attachment 1000987
Thanks. Mine is blank there. I think that's a good sign that they are not planning to rush delivery soon.

Also... 19s or 21s! I had the 21s on my last Plaid and had the inside tire wear issue. I ordered 19 this time. But I like the look and presumably the handling of the 21s. I found someone local selling the bare rims for $1,000. Still, once you add tires and sensors it's about 4,000 total. I don't know what the 19s with new tires and sensor resell for, I'm guessing about 2000? I think what I really want are the 20 inch wheels from the track pack. Those are 6,000. But I suspect the tires and they come with are not going to be great on the street for a daily driver.... Decisions!

Thanks. Mine is blank there. I think that's a good sign that they are not planning to rush delivery soon.

Also... 19s or 21s! I had the 21s on my last Plaid and had the inside tire wear issue. I ordered 19 this time. But I like the look and presumably the handling of the 21s. I found someone local selling the bare rims for $1,000. Still, once you add tires and sensors it's about 4,000 total. I don't know what the 19s with new tires and sensor resell for, I'm guessing about 2000? I think what I really want are the 20 inch wheels from the track pack. Those are 6,000. But I suspect the tires and they come with are not going to be great on the street for a daily driver.... Decisions!
I went with the 19s and immediately bought aftermarket 20” wheels personally. Still have to decide what to do with the 19s

T Sportline is selling a wheel that looks pretty much identical to the track package wheel. TS5.

Ordered 10/26
EDD1: Oct-Nov
EDD2: Nov-Dec
EDD3: Nov 12-Dec 15
EDD4: narrower window (forgot)
VIN assigned: 11/28
Requested 14-day hold
New VIN assigned: 12/19
2023 VIN (PF530***), MSLR Stealth, cream, steering wheel
Probably will cancel and reorder in Jan
Asked SA when 2024 VINs will start getting assigned
Answer: 🤷‍♂️
Pardon the spamming, but when you requested the 14 day hold and got a new VIN assigned - does this require someone to buy the car that you had on hold for you to get the new VIN ?

Pardon the spamming, but when you requested the 14 day hold and got a new VIN assigned - does this require someone to buy the car that you had on hold for you to get the new VIN ?
In general no. You don’t become a consigner. They offer the car to someone in region with a similar config, if not often offer you the same car in 14 days or simply put it in inventory.

I went with the 19s and immediately bought aftermarket 20” wheels personally. Still have to decide what to do with the 19s
You put some nice beefy drag radials on the rears and use them for the track. Not that drag radials have been known to make a difference but at least you're not taking months of tread out of your daily tires each run down the track.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: aerodyne

FYI, I noticed when taking delivery of my car, 1. there is clearly way too much camber at very low suspension setting (known) and 2., the passenger rear wheel is toed out so far you could clearly see it with the naked eye. A few thousand miles like that will destroy that tire with that much power. As soon as I get it from PPF, I'm going to try and find a place to do an alignment. That's not going well for me which is weird. Nobody will do an alignment on a Tesla here in north florida

*edit* i'm running the 19's

Reactions: aerodyne
Order 11/10
Model S LR, Red, 19", Cream, Steering Wheel
VIN assigned 12/19, 2023 based on earlier ones.
FUSC transfer so I don't care too much.
EDD 1/3-/10

I want to know if there are going to be any incentives to take an inventory plaid. Please share if you hear anything!
Interesting! Why is the EDD after the first of the year? Is Tesla going to honor the FUSC transfer taking deliver next year?