Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The horn was changed, so that's hardware. You should not be surprised, as Tesla doesn't do model year changes, and at this point they strategically shouldn't unless they want customers waiting for model year changeovers, as you're describing.

But I think you should add the operative word "yet". Dollars to donuts there will be further changes made before the year is out. In fact, they may very well change those seats in Q2.
That is a fair point. Knowing our luck, changes like upgraded seats will show up in Q2-Q3. Regardless, I'm going to have to bite the FOMO bullet and take delivery of this early '24. I'll hold on to this one, and wait for the facelift with seats (2025-2026?), etc. Especially after I'm committed to full car ceramic and PPF, window tint, and the like. I'm fairly certain that we are all going to enjoy the hell out of our '24s regardless.

You should not be surprised, as Tesla doesn't do model year changes, and at this point they strategically shouldn't unless they want customers waiting for model year changeovers, as you're describing.
And yet they did actually wait for 2024 to do the horn change, and they also deliberately released the model 3 highland as a 2024 model (in fact, even the previous minor refresh where they brought the model y upgrades over was done for the 2021 model year)

Tdroesch: May I inquire where you expect to take delivery? My MSP config is identical, except yoke and cream interior (not sure what your interior is); I ordered 12/12/23, accepted the EPA change immediately, and delivery is Merritt Island, FL. Still looking at “Feb-Mar” delivery. Anyone know if location is a major determinant for VIN assignment and delivery schedule?
Delivery is actually Irvine. They gave me a Feb 4-6 date range to pick-up. Interior is black, btw. Will follow up…

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Tdroesch: May I inquire where you expect to take delivery? My MSP config is identical, except yoke and cream interior (not sure what your interior is); I ordered 12/12/23, accepted the EPA change immediately, and delivery is Merritt Island, FL. Still looking at “Feb-Mar” delivery. Anyone know if location is a major determinant for VIN assignment and delivery schedule?

Delivery is actually Irvine. They gave me a Feb 4-6 date range to pick-up. Interior is black, btw. Will follow up…
Hope you’ll update us on build quality observations when you actually see the vehicle?

Reactions: sorka and aerodyne
How did you predict an upcoming increase in font size? I would say common sense but this is Tesla after all...

You only missed on the medical diagnosis if such were disclosed publically at all.

Of course it is really only the size of the font in three icons that is changing: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2024/RCLRPT-24V051-2023.PDF

The remedy increases the letter font size of the Brake, Park and Antilock brake system (ABS) visual warning indicators to be not less than 3.2 mm (1/8 inch), as prescribed in FMVSS Nos. 105 and 135.

Note that they aren't including 2024 Model S or Model 3. Not sure if that was due to lack of deliveries or that they already fixed it in those models before shipping.
Yeah, I think it is because they didn't deliver any before they put the fix into production on January 23rd:

Beginning on January 23, 2024, with software release 2023.44.200.5.1, the remedy described above was introduced to Model S, X, 3 and Y vehicles in production. B

A couple of hours ago I got a note from Tesla to check the app for and "important update". Excitedly I was expecting a VIN. Nope. :(
It's been 2 months since my loan was approved and that expired so I had to re-apply for a loan. Still no VIN.

Ordered Dec 1, 23: MS-LR / Ultra Red / 19" wheels / Cream Int / Steering wheel / no EAP or FSD

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
I entered my estimated delivery window today on my MSLR ordered Dec 18. Initial delivery was Feb 8-Mar 18, but they changed it in early Jan to Feb 2-Mar 8. No VIN yet, so unlikely to pick it up in Minnesota today 😬.
Minnesota delivery also. MSLR UR estimated delivery moved back 5 days to Feb 5-Feb 26. Tesla's system yesterday was showing an expected Feb 10 delivery. Curious what color you have on order?

And yet they did actually wait for 2024 to do the horn change, and they also deliberately released the model 3 highland as a 2024 model (in fact, even the previous minor refresh where they brought the model y upgrades over was done for the 2021 model year)
Objection: Argumentative. Sure, they've lined a few things up on the model year. Typically minor, unless there was a reason to do it otherwise. Highland was not on the model year elsewhere, but in the states it made sense due to the tax credit system. We could go through the litany of far more updates not done on the model year for all Tesla models, but I imagine that wouldn't help.

What the heck is this? Not alignment. It looks like either the rear quarter panel or the door shapes don't match:
View attachment 1014539

Noticed the same issue on the 2024 video posted above although not as bad as this one. In both examples, the door is higher than the rear quarter panel (not horizontally flush). If you lowered so it's top rear edge lined up with the rear quarter panel, you'd have to move the door forward since moving it down will close the already super narrow gap on the lower part of the quarter panel, but if you do that, it will increase the gap between the upper part of the door and upper part of the quarter panel that already has that huge gap.

I looked at fore sale pictures of 2022-2023 Ss and didn't see a single car that has this issue. Did something change with their stamp in 2024?

Objection: Argumentative. Sure, they've lined a few things up on the model year. Typically minor, unless there was a reason to do it otherwise. Highland was not on the model year elsewhere, but in the states it made sense due to the tax credit system. We could go through the litany of far more updates not done on the model year for all Tesla models, but I imagine that wouldn't help.
Most other countries don’t have the same model year setup like in the US (the VIN digit for model year isn’t even required in those cases). Point is in recent years there has been a tendency to have some changes coincide with the model year changeover.