Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still have hopium we get the first batch post-Feb 13th 'release'. Since you have an MSP order and those are getting scheduled/delivered just hoping they tag mine onto your transfer. Exact EDD dates make that at least somewhat likely. 🤞
I'm hoping for later and there are some Feb / March changes.... I've already waited three months. What's a bit more? We'll see.

Reactions: fupito
Enormous growth in Model S inventory in US over past week or so, now at 498.

A majority are now 2024 MSLRs, at 268, probably climbing quickly if there is really a regulatory hold to get the range right or for some other reason. 2024 Plaids are only 9.

The balance of about 220 cars are 2023's, which is kind of amazing to me. The count of 2023's was down to 160-ish in January, but somehow other inventory of 2023's have been added in recent weeks. Makes me wonder if there aren't "program cars" given to employees or suppliers or something that didn't count in normal inventory. Or could have been a build out of remaining stock.

1707406686612.png

I have a MSLR order with the same EDD. I live in Fremont.
Same as sorkas? If so, that makes sense based on the location, but the difference is sorka has a chance to actually have a VIN assigned and a delivery scheduled in the next few days where you, based on all accounts do not.

Makes sense though that your window is shorter/sooner than those of us outside of Fremont as ours have to be shipped out, but most likely in the same boat with us as having no update until later next week. Hope I'm wrong though I want to start seeing LRs assigned and delivered sooner than later.

Came to check back at this thread!

Delivery date min keeps changing to current date. Max is staying the same at 2/28/2024. Order placed 12/13/2023. MSP Solid Black, black, wheel,19"s. Still have not received a single VIN.

I will absolutely refuse a 2023. Are they really still assigning '23s? I read a post on here from yesterday that we are stuck in limbo because we need to call a service advisor for a price adjustment?

This is getting irritating.

Last edited:
Reactions: dn325ci
Just fyi, checked with Tesla, they said it probably will be 2024 but since VIN is not assigned they cannot confirm it. Also asked them why does mine say top speed of 149 and the latest ones say 130 but did not get a response yet. I am not sure when they will assign my VIN and not sure about what differences are there.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Came to check back at this thread!

Delivery date min keeps changing to current date. Max is staying the same at 2/28/2024. Order placed 12/13/2024. MSP Solid Black, black, wheel,19"s. Still have not received a single VIN.

I will absolutely refuse a 2023. Are they really still assigning '23s? I read a post on here from yesterday that we are stuck in limbo because we need to call a service advisor for a price adjustment?

This is getting irritating.
I don't think there's much chance of you getting a '23 if you haven't already. I was assigned a '23 on 1/14/24, but I haven't heard of anyone getting one assigned later than that.

I don't think you need to call. I'd just wait and see what happens with the EDD. There are only a few inventory '24 Plaids, so I doubt they are sitting on them.

Let's hope the waiting pays off and there are some changes in the Feb / March timeframe like there have been in prior years.

I don't think there's much chance of you getting a '23 if you haven't already. I was assigned a '23 on 1/14/24, but I haven't heard of anyone getting one assigned later than that.

I don't think you need to call. I'd just wait and see what happens with the EDD. There are only a few inventory '24 Plaids, so I doubt they are sitting on them.

Let's hope the waiting pays off and there are some changes in the Feb / March timeframe like there have been in prior years.
That provides peace of mind; I appreciate the info! I don't mind waiting a little more than I already have, but knowing the model year would definitely make things easier and less anxiety inducing lol!

I think you're right. At this point playing the waiting game seems to be the best option. I get the feeling the service advisors are just as left in the dark as we are.

That would be amazing. Do you think Tesla had the time to develop more changes for future batches? To my understanding, there are known '24 Plaid deliveries, but the only change being the horn. I'm not sure how they operate or how they pump out features; definitely not your conventional car manufacturer lol.

Reactions: zoomer0056
That provides peace of mind; I appreciate the info! I don't mind waiting a little more than I already have, but knowing the model year would definitely make things easier and less anxiety inducing lol!

I think you're right. At this point playing the waiting game seems to be the best option. I get the feeling the service advisors are just as left in the dark as we are.

That would be amazing. Do you think Tesla had the time to develop more changes for future batches? To my understanding, there are known '24 Plaid deliveries, but the only change being the horn. I'm not sure how they operate or how they pump out features; definitely not your conventional car manufacturer lol.
Well, there is that mysterious "PC Change" Model S that showed up at my local dealership. So, either a change has already happened "under the hood" that isn't obvious without digging or they are testing it out as part of their new product introduction process.

Work has been crazy so I haven't had a chance to go back by the dealership and see if they have any info to share but here is that mysterious sign:
1000003096.jpg

1000003089.jpg

I'm just surprised that they don't wrap these things a little better. I mean it's great that they protected the center console but what about the bumpers while they are on the trains and car carriers?

1000003084.jpg

Reactions: chrisdh79
I don't want everyone to get their tin foil hats on but ....

I was passing my local Tesla dealer today and saw that they were offloading a White Model S from a car carrier so I stopped in to take a look.

This specific car had a sign in the window saying "PC Change. NPI Trials". So, of course I had to Google what is a NPI trial. Thankfully there was a Tesla posting for New Product Introduction. Has anyone seen this sign on the cars locally?

NPI = "New Product Introduction". Couldn't find anything on "PC Change" but there is an engineer at Tesla with that term in their job description, also working with NPI: