Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per Tesla regional sales in SoCal (They keep calling me, really pushing M3)

There is a 2024 MX with "Horn on center" at the Glendale store.

I'll give this about a 50-50 chance of being accurate.

Perhaps someone close by is interested in taking a look?

Can you confirm if 2024 model S steering wheel buttons provide real click feedback on pressing?

I was just in a ‘24 MSLR today and the ‘buttons’ provided a nice haptic feedback- but they did not physically depress.
I noticed when I drove the '24 MSLR yesterday that they also had a '24 M3LR Highland, and because these steering wheel questions made me curious about the Highland steering wheel, I went back and drove the Highland today.

On first use, I didn't think the Highland wheel controls had any travel - it felt like the MS wheel's haptic feedback. However at the end of the drive once parked I could see on closer inspection from a side angle that there is a slight amount of travel in the M3 actuation. To be honest, I did not find it superior to the MS - it felt the same during usage.

As an aside, the refreshed M3LR is a fantastic small car. I was more impressed than I thought I would be. It's quiet, though not the library some reviewers make it out to be. The Hankook Ventus tires are very helpful to quieting tire noise. The ride is better than before, though it's not Buick soft. It's actually a very smart compromise and reasonably sporting in a 3-series kind of way. The combination of quietness, great ride with good body control, responsive speed, and improved interior make it feel luxury-level for the first time, and probably the most alluring small car on the market. I can't imagine test driving that car, then choosing to buy a Camry or probably even a 3-series. Very compelling.

1707435117243.png

Process change or product change. Juding by the lack of any sort of camo I'm assuming they're just testing some sort of revision to the manufacturing process or some mild parts change that isn't visually apparent

in Tesla's case I think that PC change stands for Process/Component change
My SA has heard a few different reasons for the delays and one is that they are resetting the line building the MS. Another is that they have changed the dates for the build cycle for the MS/MX.

Barely a sprinkle of cars in MS/MX lot in todays Fremont flyover... Only time will time will tell what all the reasons are. So we wait...

My SA has heard a few different reasons for the delays and one is that they are resetting the line building the MS. Another is that they have changed the dates for the build cycle for the MS/MX.

Barely a sprinkle of cars in MS/MX lot in todays Fremont flyover... Only time will time will tell what all the reasons are. So we wait...
I'm not sure I understand this point. If you saw Tesla-info's graph, Model S inventory in US has been climbing fast for about 2 weeks and, at ~500 cars, it's higher now that it was for much of 2023. Model X is climbing even faster.

I noticed when I drove the '24 MSLR yesterday that they also had a '24 M3LR Highland, and because these steering wheel questions made me curious about the Highland steering wheel, I went back and drove the Highland today.

On first use, I didn't think the Highland wheel controls had any travel - it felt like the MS wheel's haptic feedback. However at the end of the drive once parked I could see on closer inspection from a side angle that there is a slight amount of travel in the M3 actuation. To be honest, I did not find it superior to the MS - it felt the same during usage.

As an aside, the refreshed M3LR is a fantastic small car. I was more impressed than I thought I would be. It's quiet, though not the library some reviewers make it out to be. The Hankook Ventus tires are very helpful to quieting tire noise. The ride is better than before, though it's not Buick soft. It's actually a very smart compromise and reasonably sporting in a 3-series kind of way. The combination of quietness, great ride with good body control, responsive speed, and improved interior make it feel luxury-level for the first time, and probably the most alluring small car on the market. I can't imagine test driving that car, then choosing to buy a Camry or probably even a 3-series. Very compelling.

View attachment 1016679
Is TESLA wording a bit crooked? I think T was much much better on steering wheel.

No, it wasn't crooked, but my photo may make it look that way. Seems Tesla is moving away from the T - the new M3 only has a script Tesla on the rear as well, similar treatment as on updated MS/MX.
Yes. And I do not understand that. Tesla has one of the coolest logos but now Tesla, Lexus and some other brands are removing their logos and printing with the exact same font their names.

Reactions: dn325ci

Confirmed the car is a 24 as VIN has RF. Hard to find the code for the center horn. 7SAXCDE56RF438105.

I know this is the MS thread, but if this car has the center horn, the new MS should as well. Just another data point

Why do you want an X? What do you want to know? I'm pretty sure all the 24s are going to have the center horn.

Why do you want an X? What do you want to know? I'm pretty sure all the 24s are going to have the center horn.
I don't. Not that I would judge those that do want an MX.😉 But no '24 MS are available near me.

Probably the same wheel part number for both cars. If I see it on MX is probably real for MS.

Actually, what I really want is a yoke with center horn and real turn buttons like on a highland M3. Probably not going to happen though unless aftermarket steps up.

Reactions: zoomer0056
We ordered a new Model S on 2/1/2024 that just arrived at Tesla San Diego. Tried to arrange a pick up and have been told there is a hold in releasing the car pending a firmware update that is expected on 2/13/2024. Also told this has something to do with Government or DMV and that other new Model S are impacted. Anyone know about this?

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
We ordered a new Model S on 2/1/2024 that just arrived at Tesla San Diego. Tried to arrange a pick up and have been told there is a hold in releasing the car pending a firmware update that is expected on 2/13/2024. Also told this has something to do with Government or DMV and that other new Model S are impacted. Anyone know about this?
Well, I find the sales advisors are Seldom Accurate.

But in this case, a car mfg is not allowed to sell a new car with an open recall.

The fix is already out, and I installed it a few days ago.

Here it is...

Well, there is that mysterious "PC Change" Model S that showed up at my local dealership. So, either a change has already happened "under the hood" that isn't obvious without digging or they are testing it out as part of their new product introduction process.

Work has been crazy so I haven't had a chance to go back by the dealership and see if they have any info to share but here is that mysterious sign:
View attachment 1016651
View attachment 1016653
I'm just surprised that they don't wrap these things a little better. I mean it's great that they protected the center console but what about the bumpers while they are on the trains and car carriers?

View attachment 1016654
what wheels are these?