Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me: What is the difference between those vehicles? Will my Estimated delivery date keep getting pushed up indefinitely or is there a date where it will stop? Very weird that my exact car is already available but not for me.

Them: The price point and location would be the difference
This is just plain wrong. Is the demand so strong that they would piss off an existing order like this? Not to derail the conversation but it may be time for Tesla to hire some seasoned auto industry execs. Either that or Elon is shorting his own stock...just joking, but some of the recents moves have been head scratchers. Look no further than the CEO at Polestar working with Hertz to protect the value of their used cars. Thats how it should be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: teko
My updates seem to come in twice a day lately (notice two on February 3rd and two on February 9th). Thankfully it looks like I’m done with Estimated delivery dates and I’m now all set with my delivery date. For anyone that is wondering, below are the updates that I noticed:

December 2nd - Order placed. Estimated delivery date showed Dec 2023 - Jan 2024
December 7th - Estimated delivery date updated to Jan 2024 - Feb 2024
December 11th - Estimated delivery date updated to December 25 - December 31
December 17th - Estimated delivery date updated to December 31 - February 4.
January 5th - Estimated delivery date updated to February 1 - March 14.
February 3rd AM - Estimated delivery date updated to February 10 - March 2.
February 3rd Couple hours later - VIN Assigned - Estimated delivery date updated to February 17 - February 24.
February 9th AM - Estimated delivery date updated to February 12 - February 21.
February 9th Couple hours later - Invite to pick a specific delivery date - Pickup now confirmed for a single date and time.

As a side note, I went ahead and checked my delivery location and they currently have 13 Model S cars in transit to this location. 12 are long range plus my 1 plaid. So, it looks like this location is going to be busy delivering these vehicles and many others. It would be pretty cool to see multiple semi trucks showing up that are full of just the Model S but I’m sure that these 13 cars will be spread across 13 different trucks that are practically full of Model Y’s. ;)

As a side note, I went ahead and checked my delivery location and they currently have 13 Model S cars in transit to this location. 12 are long range plus my 1 plaid.
Where can I find this information for Austin, TX?

I'm hoping / expecting I'll get a VIN soon after the Feb 13 "thing" (whatever that really is) and I'd like to see if my car is already on its way or not.

Unsure which thread this should really go, but it's kind of the end of the new purchase experience...

EV fees at the BMV/DMV (for those States)

While I am not a fan of targeting EVs to allow (38) States to collect more revenue, as I registered my 2023 Tesla MSP using my 2017 Tesla S for some credits, I discovered a new slight against the EV community.

Whereas Excise Tax can be used as a credit, the EV Fee does not as the Indiana BMV explained.

So in my case, I last renewed plates in Aug 2023 paying the $221 EV fee. I went to transfer here in Feb 2024. No pro-rated credit for previously charged fee plus a new $221 EV fee to get to Aug 2024. No pro-rated $221 just for the remaining 6 months.

Imho, this is wrong.

How many others have gotten caught up in this as they upgrade their older Teslas?

Unsure which thread this should really go, but it's kind of the end of the new purchase experience...

EV fees at the BMV/DMV (for those States)

While I am not a fan of targeting EVs to allow (38) States to collect more revenue, as I registered my 2023 Tesla MSP using my 2017 Tesla S for some credits, I discovered a new slight against the EV community.

Whereas Excise Tax can be used as a credit, the EV Fee does not as the Indiana BMV explained.

So in my case, I last renewed plates in Aug 2023 paying the $221 EV fee. I went to transfer here in Feb 2024. No pro-rated credit for previously charged fee plus a new $221 EV fee to get to Aug 2024. No pro-rated $221 just for the remaining 6 months.

Imho, this is wrong.

How many others have gotten caught up in this as they upgrade their older Teslas?
We don't get that in NC if transferring plates. We don't pay anything until the next renewal. We also pay a property tax every year on the value of our cars, but our sales tax on cars is 3%. I don't know what they're going to do about my property tax this year because it's based on the value of your car at January 1, but I didn't have a car on January 1. 🤷

Reactions: zoomer0056
Seems like Dec1 is getting assigned with VIN mine is Dec 23rd so might take more time right now says Feb 16 to Mar 22. VIN is assigned based on mfg date is what I understood, if it is manufactured in 2024 the series has to be 2024. The sales advisors one of them said it will be 2024 when I called and when I texted the other one said we can confirm it once it is assigned. I do not see any inventory cars with my config as of now. I did offer them to pay for the color if they want but do not give me a 2023 model. Back in December I wanted a stealth grey but later switched to red and then blue. Red and blue are now charged but for me no charge for now.

Seems like Dec1 is getting assigned with VIN mine is Dec 23rd so might take more time right now says Feb 16 to Mar 22. VIN is assigned based on mfg date is what I understood, if it is manufactured in 2024 the series has to be 2024. The sales advisors one of them said it will be 2024 when I called and when I texted the other one said we can confirm it once it is assigned. I do not see any inventory cars with my config as of now. I did offer them to pay for the color if they want but do not give me a 2023 model. Back in December I wanted a stealth grey but later switched to red and then blue. Red and blue are now charged but for me no charge for now.
I've got the same EDD range, but no VIN.