Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is that the 396 are 2023 VINs since that was the 2023 range. I noticed one in my local inventory a week or two ago that was showing 396 with no discount and it was a 2023 VIN.

Yeah, it is shocking that they removed the discount for 2023 vehicles, in Feb of 2024. I guess just waiting for some sucker to order that configuration and then "surprise" it's in stock now. You get a car that is immediately worth $5k less than every other new car on the lot.

Reactions: fupito and aerodyne
I'm curious what the earliest order dates are and still waiting on a MSLR for the folks hanging around this thread?? There have been a couple of our build that showed in transit to our delivery center but then they disappear. Parked in the lot I suspect. When one gets assigned I will certainly have my detailer check it over before I make any attempt to take delivery.

Ordered 11/28/2023 MSLR UR
Ordered my MSLR UR, Cream, 19”, Steering wheel 12/27/23 but you win for patience on a month older order.

Reactions: aerodyne
I'm curious what the earliest order dates are and still waiting on a MSLR for the folks hanging around this thread?? There have been a couple of our build that showed in transit to our delivery center but then they disappear. Parked in the lot I suspect. When one gets assigned I will certainly have my detailer check it over before I make any attempt to take delivery.

12/4 order date here. We gotta stay strong a little longer!

I'm going to the dealership tomorrow morning that has my exact MSLR as "inventory vehicle". Will ask if I can just drive away in it. Will report back
Just got back from the dealership, they were about as useful as a poop covered lollipop. They have the inventory car in an off site parking lot and I wouldn't be able to pick it up if I wanted it today. Instead I would have to cancel my current order and order the inventory vehicle (for an extra $2500 UR) which I would be able to pick up on Tuesday or Wednesday. Delivery slots for today and Monday are no longer available.

They have not heard anything about an EPA issue hold and looked at me like a deer at headlights when I was explaining it.

I did see a new M3 in UR and it looks stunning

11/27/23 MSLR UR 19' black yoke

I have a feeling I have the oldest US order here

Reactions: timothy19
Just got back from the dealership, they were about as useful as a poop covered lollipop. They have the inventory car in an off site parking lot and I wouldn't be able to pick it up if I wanted it today. Instead I would have to cancel my current order and order the inventory vehicle (for an extra $2500 UR) which I would be able to pick up on Tuesday or Wednesday. Delivery slots for today and Monday are no longer available.

They have not heard anything about an EPA issue hold and looked at me like a deer at headlights when I was explaining it.

What did they say about your own car on order?

Because if they didn't pretend not to know, you wouldn't be tempted to cancel your order and pay $2500 more. Regardless, they're not going to let you pick it up in a few days.

EDD moved from Feb 16 - Feb 25 to Feb 17 - Feb 25 this morning. Does the window sticker / EPA issue definitely impact every state?
My guess is that those that have very close EDDs the car is on site but they do need that EPA issue resolved. As soon as they get the certificate you should be able to pick up immediately versus people like me with a 5 week window I think mine is not even in route to my local dealership.

EDD moved from Feb 16 - Feb 25 to Feb 17 - Feb 25 this morning. Does the window sticker / EPA issue definitely impact every state?
My EDD was doing that back on 2/11. For 3 successive days it would update the front date and keep the back date. Then on 2/14 it changed completely to what it is now 2/17 - 3/9. Being that today is 2/17 I expect it to change again today or tomorrow.

MSLR UR, Cream, 19”, steering wheel. Ordered 12/27/23

Reactions: zoomer0056
My guess is that those that have very close EDDs the car is on site but they do need that EPA issue resolved. As soon as they get the certificate you should be able to pick up immediately versus people like me with a 5 week window I think mine is not even in route to my local dealership.
That makes sense. Really odd that none of the stores have any idea there is a hold and only figure out the issue when they try to deliver and notice there isn’t a window sticker.

Reactions: zoomer0056
That makes sense. Really odd that none of the stores have any idea there is a hold and only figure out the issue when they try to deliver and notice there isn’t a window sticker.
They know. But they've been told not to discuss it to avoid negative press. This is where the eagle eyes of TMC comes into play...we know what they think we don't know what they know.

I posted this image a few days ago wondering if anyone has insight into how long the car will be without FSD.

Following my post here, I began messaging Tesla via the app and SMS. The first 3 answers I got back kept telling me my FSD would transfer to the new vehicle, which was odd as I don't own a Tesla currently.

This morning I rephrased the question to be more clear and asked how long the vehicle will be without FSD again. This was their response "Once these features achieve performance parity to vehicles equipped with USS, vision-based vehicles will have these features restored via a series of over-the-air software updates. Sorry we don't have a specific time frame."

I know we have some Tesla veterans here. Does anyone have a realistic guess as to what the expectation should be? Im debating on not accepting the order and just placing it again once all this is worked out.
Not sure What your concern is? There is no “without FSD” issue. I have had FSD for years now and also have it on my 12/23 MSP on day 1. There is a feature limit being Summon but that’s all but useless. FSD would be available on your car to buy or rent.