Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then you do realize Most all cars survive being parked without PPF or Ceramic unless there is a volcanic eruption near by.
Eh if not at least waxed regularly, the clear coat will fail pretty quickly. You can see a pretty drastic difference in most cars by 3-4 years

I do agree a few weeks of extra sun are not going to make a major difference.

Reactions: foos and Yelobird
Then you do realize Most all cars survive being parked without PPF or Ceramic unless there is a volcanic eruption near by.

I think that depends on what you mean by survive. Survival is in doubt even just driving it to the PPF installer without some temporary protection:

20220407_183135.jpg_compressed.JPEG

Order date 12/23/24 was Feb 16 to Mar 22 till yesterday, today it changed to Feb 27 to March 19 so I went from a five week window to 3 weeks. MSLR. The Tesla store was saying the dates change but no mention of anything when asked specifically about EPA they said the MSLR did not have any changes.

Staying away because I noticed I have way too many imaginary internet points on TMC, but saw the above and could not resist.

About a Tesla surviving outside:

Unless Tesla decides to wash it and swirls the paint. Ask me how I know.

MSP ultra red on order here. Order placed 1/28. Original EDD was 2/16 - 3/22 and today it changed to 2/23 - 3/15. So my earliest moved back but latest moved to sooner. Is this good, bad, neutral? Seems like most of you are having the whole range pushed back so I found mine odd.
That is a good thing. The same happened to me right before my VIN was assigned. So hopefully that is your next step as well.

After VIN assignment it still took 2 weeks for the car to be delivered but that is because I'm on the other side of the country. I was shocked to see that the car was delivered all the way from Freemont to the NY / NJ area by train so it only traveled a short distance on a car carrier.

Eh if not at least waxed regularly, the clear coat will fail pretty quickly. You can see a pretty drastic difference in most cars by 3-4 years

I do agree a few weeks of extra sun are not going to make a major difference.

I have never even washed or waxed the car since purchase. I will do that once when I resell the car. Until then, the paint is protected by mud and dirt, sometimes even a soft layer of snow.

tesla.jpg