Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how the car will pass inspection without a valid EPA rating on the Monroney.

But this is Tesla, who knows? You might have a '24 Unicorn 🦄 with last year's EPA rating!

View attachment 1019883
The latest exchange w Tesla on my vehicle which is supposed to arrive today (2/19)…..1/8, MSLR, black, white, wheel and 19s.
because the person who answered your message dont know about no delivery rule :) happened to me, once they assign to the inspection team, they will tell you, sorry we cannot do inspection now because we cannot deliver any Model S due to ,,....

sorry :)

Long range
Interesting. I ordered an S, Black, Black and 21", steering wheel in Texas last week and I am waiting on a narrowed window. App is showing Feb-March still. Been debating on switching to a Plaid as I need a vehicle soon. My R1S was totaled 2 weeks ago and I finally have my insurance numbers back. Luckily I have new car replacement, so making out ok.

Reactions: Yelobird
Quick update, just got home from the delivery center a little bit ago: car is basically flawless - panels are aligned beautifully, paint is perfect, no seat wrinkles, seals are all cut correctly, no creaks/rattles/wind noise, and everything open, closes, and moves as expected. I'll take some photos tomorrow when weather and work allows

fyi for those of you who are on the higher end of the height spectrum, the wheel is a bit of a nightmare. I'm 6'3", and I have to lean my seat very far back to actually see the speed limit/cluster icons/autopilot warning light. the yoke may be worth buying even if you don't find it comfortable if you're of a similar stature

Still no certificate for the MSLR on the EPA website. Going to be interesting to see how the month of March goes if they don't get it issued until that March 7 date that's been floating around. Not sure the impact will be too heavy on the 1Q earnings release since MS isn't a big part of their volume but definitely won't be received well and raise a lot of questions if they have to report significantly lower deliveries than 4Q.

Reactions: dn325ci
Still no certificate for the MSLR on the EPA website. Going to be interesting to see how the month of March goes if they don't get it issued until that March 7 date that's been floating around. Not sure the impact will be too heavy on the 1Q earnings release since MS isn't a big part of their volume but definitely won't be received well and raise a lot of questions if they have to report significantly lower deliveries than 4Q.
Big discounts! We'll all regret it.

Intriguing drop in US Inventory overnight, and the 61 unit change on the graph is the biggest day-to-day drop in quite some time. Did MSLR deliveries start?

1708440698847.png

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Quick update, just got home from the delivery center a little bit ago: car is basically flawless - panels are aligned beautifully, paint is perfect, no seat wrinkles, seals are all cut correctly, no creaks/rattles/wind noise, and everything open, closes, and moves as expected. I'll take some photos tomorrow when weather and work allows

fyi for those of you who are on the higher end of the height spectrum, the wheel is a bit of a nightmare. I'm 6'3", and I have to lean my seat very far back to actually see the speed limit/cluster icons/autopilot warning light. the yoke may be worth buying even if you don't find it comfortable if you're of a similar stature
I assume plaid delivery?

For speedo, you can have secondary display with a tablet powered by SMT, Scan My Tesla.

My MSP will be delivered within the next 7 days. I can see the light at the end of this long tunnel.
I'll be paying cash. For you cash buyers out there, when and what was your form of payment? Is the app an immediate transaction or do I have to pay before I look at vehicle?

I did Plaid for my MXP but rejected the first. Should have rejected the second as well. Thinking cashiers check this time. Have slight paranoia that they'll give me one with fewer physical defects if they don't have my cash until I inspect.

My MSP will be delivered within the next 7 days. I can see the light at the end of this long tunnel.
I'll be paying cash. For you cash buyers out there, when and what was your form of payment? Is the app an immediate transaction or do I have to pay before I look at vehicle?
I'm sure you're really not meaning to bring in a suitcase of bills. I used plaid two years ago for a transfer. I don't recall the specifics but don't remember any pain, very easy. I inspected then paid.