Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is one way. Top speed will also be listed at 130 mph
I’ve seen a few MSLR on Tesla’s website with 130 mph top speed. Assuming these are built in 2024, are there new features (like a new steering wheel with the horn in the middle) in 2024 and is the 405 range now with the new EPA test?

Wondering how long I should wait for a MSLR built in 2024 (vs trying to get a deal on a 2023).

Well some of us speculate that the EPA doesn't agree with that 405 and it will end up getting revised down. But yes, if it has the top speed listed at 130, it'll have the new steering wheel/yoke (which thus far is the only new feature for 2024s)
It seems like only a few hundred or so pages ago (Decemberish) it seemed everyone thought ambient lighting for both trims was imminent plus newer front seats for Plaid.

But hey, what about those ambigious "comfort and functionality improvements" we can all just recite? /s

It seems like only a few hundred or so pages ago (Decemberish) it seemed everyone thought ambient lighting for both trims was imminent plus newer front seats for Plaid.

But hey, what about those ambigious "comfort and functionality improvements" we can all just recite? /s
Ambient lights may happen some day, but I'm pretty confident the thoughts of it being imminent were a misinterpretation of the software changes to support the highland, cybertruck, and Model Y mild refresh.

The front seats presumably are definitely happening since they showed up in the service manual. But who knows when and whether or not they'll be there from the factory or a post sales add on. I imagine they'll roll out around the time the highland performance model is released, which appears to be getting very similar seats.

With the Juniper MY and the new next gen model (2?) being pushed out to next year, I expect the seats and other rumoured MS improvements will be pushed out as well, months perhaps.

Maybe only the Plaid will get RGB lighting and seats.

Most likely these things come with a price increase. You have to ask yourself if you feel lucky enough to get the improvements with no price increase.

Reactions: de Vere
Question for those who have been assigned a VIN… did you get an email or message through the Tesla app, or did the VIN just show up by clicking “vehicle details”? I keep checking it daily, but feel like they would reach out to me.

Thanks.
I received a text message notifying me that I have a message regarding my delivery, with a link to take me into the app.

I ordered a new model s a few minutes ago and after verifying my identity there’s a VIN assigned under “Vehicle Details”. I have not followed this thread closely so not sure if that’s typical or not but I’m surprised at the speed…

I ordered a new model s a few minutes ago and after verifying my identity there’s a VIN assigned under “Vehicle Details”. I have not followed this thread closely so not sure if that’s typical or not but I’m surprised at the speed…

Since you're paying the new higher price($2500 more), if there's a config matching yours near you, they'll assign the vin pretty quick. You just can't pick it up if it's an MSLR until this EPA business is sorted out.

Wow. Then it will be VERY interesting to see if you can actually pick it up.
The rest of us seem to be stuck waiting for something. Which is rumored to be an EPA certificate or similar.

No exceptions. If the epa delay isn't lifted, the pickup will be rescheduled. We've already seen this many times in this thread. Nothing has changed.