Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
😒

Attachments

• IMG_7702.jpeg
    IMG_7702.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 16
Road to 100K Post...

It looks like it may be a while. I mentioned this in my previous post which links to the certification summary information report of the EPA testing for the 2024 MS Plaid seen here: https://dis.epa.gov/otaqpub/display_file.jsp?docid=59786&flag=1

For the Model S Plaid testing began: 10/18/2023 continued 12/20/2023 and was finally issued a certificate on 01/04/2024.... which was the effective date. That's before the press release of the milage range change for SP, 3, X, and Y.

For context on how deep I'm in on researching what the hold up is: I ordered my Model S Long Range on 8 December 2023: Stealth Grey; Steering Wheel; FSD and financed through Tesla with the hope of refinancing with my preferred bank later vice doing that initially (Navy Federal Credit Union and at a lower rate). Recently, after the first 60 days from my order date, I reapplied to finance again through Tesla (wasn't a bad thing... came in at a lower rate)

Though this should not be frustrating... it very much is. Especially for those who need a vehicle. Fortunately for me, I'm not in super in a lot of need of a third vehicle. It's a retirement gift to myself (20 years of Service - US Navy).

But the articles stating that testing may not begin until the end of the month or next earliest date 7 March says a lot about how Tesla communicates to its customers based on how it communicates to its future customers regarding 'delays' or things that it's not proud of.

Anywho... just based on the testing of the MSP if testing were to begin on March 7 at the latest then yes, I can see how deliveries will not start until sometime in April at the earlier... and mid-May at the latest.

There's zero chance that the MSLR 405 rating will hold. It will be lowered. Question is by how much.

It'll be interesting to see the next flyover in 2 days. They can't just keep making them and letting them pile up.

Remember the Freemont dusty lot by the train tracks in 2021? They can pile a whole lot more in there.

I'm averaging 239 wh/mi, 251 including stationary since delivery.

I don't think the new LR RR will be much below 400, say 390 miles for the 19" wheels.

It's gonna drop that much in a year or two anyway due to calendar ageing. I'm at 92.6 KwH NFP out of 99.4 KwH on a good day for about 388 RM.

Reactions: cwanja
Remember the Freemont dusty lot by the train tracks in 2021? They can pile a whole lot more in there.

I'm averaging 239 wh/mi, 251 including stationary since delivery.

I don't think the new LR RR will be much below 400, say 390 miles for the 19" wheels.

It's gonna drop that much in a year or two anyway due to calendar ageing. I'm at 92.6 KwH NFP out of 99.4 KwH on a good day for about 388 RM.
I suspect we'll see 375 miles for LR and 360 for Plaid.

This paint ****s. So happy with Ultra Red. The shift in light/dark environments is awesome.

Great pics. I see you like the uncovered stock wheels. I have gloss black caps with red T insert I got from T sportline last year.

Yesterday I got the Amazon grey caps recommended here somewhere on this thread, they are a perfect match to the wheels.

Pic below:

Attachments

• 17084783545721143028872469199519.jpg
    17084783545721143028872469199519.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: zoomer0056
Great pics. I see you like the uncovered stock wheels. I have gloss black caps with red T insert I got from T sportline last year.

Yesterday I got the Amazon grey caps recommended here somewhere on this thread, they are a perfect match to the wheels.

Pic below:
Yeah i ended up getting the black/silver variant of those caps from amazon, happy with the contrast on em. Uncovered stocks are pretty great, i know it’s a love/hate relationship with the tuning fork look but it shows off the calipers better so.

Reactions: aerodyne
So the salem, Oregon tesla center has 2 MSLR exact matches to the one I ordered. They both say available for pickup up now.

I assume they are 2024 due to the top speed of 130mph.

Should I reach out and see if they'll give me one? Or do you think they'll force me to pay the extra $2500 for paint color?
good luck- I know this center. Those MSLR have sat- consistent with multiple other posts. When I attempted to purchase they were unable to sell to me due to the vehicle being on “containment hold” in the computer which I have construed to be the lack of EPA conformity issue.

Last edited:
I gave up on the wait this weekend and cancelled my MSLR (VIN and 1 week delivery window that marched forward daily to current date since 2/6). I really needed to replace a totaled vehicle from early Jan.
But I can’t quit this thread— need to see how long Tesla drags this out with the EPA.

Reactions: fupito