Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the official EPA rating for 2024 S is 402 miles.

1709273128479.png

Never mind, missed the posts where it was mentioned.

I think the packs are the same per the EPC.

The 2024 Plaid EPA test docs show 98+KwH which is very close to the LR last three years.

New full pack as reported by SMT would be the clincher, betting it's 99.4.

I would be curious if your nominal full pack is close to that.

Yup. I was just imagining it. 99.4 when new. Nominal full pack 96.9 kwh which is 1 kwh more than my MXP was showing at about 6 months.
Screenshot_20240229_223812.jpg_compressed.JPEG

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Man, with the bumper changes…Now I’m thinking I should’ve let Tesla by back the car. From it sitting in their shop fixing delivery issues to weeks of ppf install problems, I’ve racked up 3100 miles in 5 months. For perspective, I typically drive between 22-25k per year. But between the $5.5k on tint, ppf, and gap insurance, not to mention the higher interest rates now vs then, and the $1500 charge for color….not sure it’s worth revisiting (even though I think I can get them to buy it back still). Hoping the community can figure out a retrofit.

Man, with the bumper changes…Now I’m thinking I should’ve let Tesla by back the car. From it sitting in their shop fixing delivery issues to weeks of ppf install problems, I’ve racked up 3100 miles in 5 months. For perspective, I typically drive between 22-25k per year. But between the $5.5k on tint, ppf, and gap insurance, not to mention the higher interest rates now vs then, and the $1500 charge for color….not sure it’s worth revisiting (even though I think I can get them to buy it back still). Hoping the community can figure out a retrofit.
What bumper changes?

Yes. I took delivery of my LR in December, purchased the spoiler through the website which led me to the app, and then booked a service appointment and had it installed. The $700 price tag includes installation. They also added the spoiler to my car’s UI so it shows there and in the app on my phone.
Very nice! Do you remember how long it took for them to complete the job and how long it took to get an appointment. Wondering if I can just knock this out on day of delivery?

If my EDD is March 13-19th, what are the odds that I receive the changes?
Do you have a VIN assigned? My VIN was assigned a couple of weeks ago so it's the older Model S. If they assign a VIN after today I think the odds are better you'll get the updated Model S. Of course you'll want to ask Tesla which version you're getting since I think some people like myself will try to swap to the newer Model S and there were will some older ones available to match with people waiting

Reactions: phantasms
Do you have a VIN assigned? My VIN was assigned a couple of weeks ago so it's the older Model S. If they assign a VIN after today I think the odds are better you'll get the updated Model S. Of course you'll want to ask Tesla which version you're getting since I think some people like myself will try to swap to the newer Model S and there were will some older ones available to match with people waiting
I have agreed to the tesla vision agreement which came with a notification stating that a VIN was assigned - but I do not actually have a VIN anywhere for some reason. Not even under "vehicle details"

Maybe those of us with orders from last year and no vin yet will get first dibs on the new upgrades 😂.

This thread has fresh legs yet. Back to the store for more popcorn 🍿. Hope they restocked from the last time I was there.
Wouldnt that be nice haha
I'm already getting the pre-price increase of 2k (in canada) and FSD transfer. I'm satisfied, but wouldnt mind also the new changes...

And, would they really bother shipping the non-updated versions all the way here? Any canadians receive an msp/mslr recently?

I’m seriously considering cancelling my order which is currently scheduled for delivery in the next couple of weeks if the refresh rumors are true. It would be a gamble as the primary reason for me purchasing is the FSD transfer.

Think an order placed something like March 3 would have new features and be delivered by end of March?