Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a VIN assigned? My VIN was assigned a couple of weeks ago so it's the older Model S. If they assign a VIN after today I think the odds are better you'll get the updated Model S. Of course you'll want to ask Tesla which version you're getting since I think some people like myself will try to swap to the newer Model S and there were will some older ones available to match with people waiting
Got my VIN this morning lol. Wish me luck. I’m curious to hear what Tesla says to you about swapping to the newer config.

1709302881725.png

I can’t seem to upload a pic as it says file is too large but the sticker seems to work 🤷‍♂️

I’m not going to bore anyone with my 20 EDD updates since ordering on 12/27 but yesterday my EDD was 2/29 - 3/16 and this morning it is 3/10-3/31 (moved later and window got larger)
Same issue here. Till yesterday it was 2/28 to 3/19 and today it changed to 3/16 to 3/31. Not sure I should be happy it went from three to two week window or they are just playing with me. Original order date 12/23 but I changed color in February 24 so they have an excuse.

Reactions: ScarletKnight
I’m not going to bore anyone with my 20 EDD updates since ordering on 12/27 but yesterday my EDD was 2/29 - 3/16 and this morning it is 3/10-3/31 (moved later and window got larger)
Me too. Was 2/29 to 3/18. now 3/11 to 3/31.
I'm hoping that means I'll get the front bumper camera. The interior lighting will be nice, but not important to me.

I’m seriously considering cancelling my order which is currently scheduled for delivery in the next couple of weeks if the refresh rumors are true. It would be a gamble as the primary reason for me purchasing is the FSD transfer.

Think an order placed something like March 3 would have new features and be delivered by end of March?
Same dilemma except with FUSC transfer. If the rumors are true (hitting production today), I’m guessing that we won’t see the alleged updated ones in owner hands until April. There will be order melt as well as current stock available for near term VIN assignment. But who knows!

• Informative
Reactions: empiredown

With the cameras located inside the headlights, the no retrofit statement makes sense.

I'd have canceled and placed a new order had I known 2 days ago.
I think you misread. Some speculated it was in the headlights. It’s not. It’s a bumper camera. I’m holding out hope for a retrofit.

EDD moved out again, I won't mind if I end up getting the front camera and lighting but will be pissed if I end up waiting 4 months and not getting those considering there are multiple February orders getting VINs. It is comical at how useless/worthless their EDDs have been for me.

Order date 12/04
MSLR/White/White/Wheel/19''

Original EDD Dec 2023-Jan 2024
12/15/23 - Jan 3-Feb 14
01/04/24 - Feb 3-Mar 16
02/05/24 - Feb 16-Mar 22
02/16/24 - Feb 25-Mar 31
02/26/24 - Feb 29-Mar 21
02/29/24 - Mar 17-Mar 31

Pushed out the same here… The window got larger and later. Big difference from when we originally ordered. That window was tight for the last week of December until December faded into memory.

Back when we ordered our first Model S you could tell Tesla this is when we would like to take delivery. And they did it. Ours arrived in Minnesota in an enclosed transport from Freemont in winter only a week or two after it was built. We have the pictures of it coming out of the transport. Those were different times for sure and volume being built was pretty small compared to now.

Because they might be adding features that didn't exist when you placed the order? Confused.
My delivery date is in a couple of weeks (their EPA delay). I asked if they refresh the Model S will I get it. They said no. I asked if I refused the Model S would I get a new one. They said I have to cancel and reorder.

You can view it as I must accept a pre-refresh because that’s what was available when I ordered. That’s valid. On the other hand I’d be taking delivery of a pre-refresh car when the refresh models are being made and shipped. It’s more about the lack of good communication. I love the cars but the company not so much

For those that got a VIN, and really want the changes, you should be able to look at source data on your order image and look for something like "front camera" or "RGB"

Of course, Tesla could tell you but they probably won't. They definitely won't tell you if the new changes come with a price hike which is likely.

Hopefully, we will know more soon as some influencer will get their hands on a car.

Probably not until we get past 100k posts on this subject, which is too much for me.

I have USS and fear no bumper stops, can hopefully get my yoke to peel and get a new one, and surely there is aftermarket RGB.

Good luck to all.

Reactions: fupito