Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a thought....

My order date is Dec. 8th, 2023: Model S Long Range, Stealth Grey Paint, 19' Wheels, Steering Wheel, FSD.

Most of us placed our orders when the estimated delivery date was at the end to the beginning of the year. We took a 3-mile hit from the EPA seige. For some, like myself who have yet to received a VIN, EDD pushed several times, etc. Current EDD is March 12th - March 31st BTW with similar models local to me.
View attachment 1023650
So... Here's my thought... what if our patience pays off and we end up getting the ambient lighting and bumper camera? What is it's Tesla's way of saying... 'My bad for the shenanigans", Take this gift before we raise the prices of the 2024 Model S. Maybe I'm too much of a glass-half-full person but I'm trying to wrap my head around why the one in the snapshot wasn't matched to me. When I called they said that I could be matched with this vehicle but I told them that I'll just wait for my vin to be assigned. Just sharing a thought.
Based on the complete lack of awareness by anyone answering a telephone or text message on the Tesla side for this entire EPA issue, highly doubt this is what's going on. I do love the optimism though and hope we get rewarded (either intentionally or accidentally) for our patience.

I've got a thought....

My order date is Dec. 8th, 2023: Model S Long Range, Stealth Grey Paint, 19' Wheels, Steering Wheel, FSD.

Most of us placed our orders when the estimated delivery date was at the end to the beginning of the year. We took a 3-mile hit from the EPA seige. For some, like myself who have yet to received a VIN, EDD pushed several times, etc. Current EDD is March 12th - March 31st BTW with similar models local to me.
View attachment 1023650
So... Here's my thought... what if our patience pays off and we end up getting the ambient lighting and bumper camera? What is it's Tesla's way of saying... 'My bad for the shenanigans", Take this gift before we raise the prices of the 2024 Model S. Maybe I'm too much of a glass-half-full person but I'm trying to wrap my head around why the one in the snapshot wasn't matched to me. When I called they said that I could be matched with this vehicle but I told them that I'll just wait for my vin to be assigned. Just sharing a thought.
Love your optimism but this is Tesla we’re talking about?? 😂

If such a scenario were to play out, it would be purely by happenstance. Given Tesla’s track record on such things, they would try to go out of their way to screw you, not to throw you a bone. Customer since 2012. Multiple Tesla PTSD victim

Reactions: terranx
Do you have a VIN assigned? My VIN was assigned a couple of weeks ago so it's the older Model S. If they assign a VIN after today I think the odds are better you'll get the updated Model S. Of course you'll want to ask Tesla which version you're getting since I think some people like myself will try to swap to the newer Model S and there were will some older ones available to match with people waiting
Hoping you are correct and would also explain why they have been holding VIN assignments. I got lucky in 22 with my M3P getting the new processor, so hoping I have the same luck here.

Reactions: Bluef82003
Unlike my MXP which had just tons of interior NVH issues from day one, this MSP so far has nothing. It's completely silent. I swear it's even quieter than my MXP was but there's also a bigger difference when turning off active noise cancellation. With the MXP, you could just hear the difference. With this one it's far more obvious.
So, you just picked up your MSP with the exact same configuration as mine, likely manufactured in the same batch as mine (2/20/24)... and it doesn't have the camera and ambient lights. Seems likely mine won't either. Womp womp.

• Helpful
Reactions: Propofoln
Tesla said that I’ll need to cancel my order and eat the $250 and place a new order if I want the refreshed Model S. They won’t switch it. I’m out. Good luck everyone
I have a hard time believing the updates mentioned will come free of charge. If you were to get after market ambient lighting it would be more than 250. Act in haste, repent in leisure.

Reactions: aerodyne
Let me run out and check ..... ;)

Hey, look what I found :p :p
20240301_114455.jpg_compressed.JPEG

This is awesome! I'm hoping this is the same for MSLR. Can whoever on this thread that had theirs delivered yesterday or the day before check and chime in? I'm debating whether to see if the delivery center could check for me (appointment is on Monday), but am trying not to be annoying. :)

This is still editable so crossing out my idiot response. Egg on my face for sure. Yeesh! ;)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: aerodyne and sorka