Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m starting to get worried that I should have spent the extra $16K and gone Plaid. Hope I don’t regret the LR when I drive it.
I think you’re very unlikely to be disappointed with the performance of the long range. 0 to 60 in a little over 3 seconds isn’t exactly slow.

If money is no object, and you just want the plaid, of course get it. Or if having a quickest car out there is most important thing to you. But if you drive it mostly like a normal car and you want more range, I think it makes more sense to save a little money.

Last edited:
I think you’re very unlikely to be disappointed with the performance of the long range. 0 to 60 in a little over 3 seconds isn’t exactly slow.

If money has no object, and you just want the plaid, of course get it. Or if having a quickest car out there is most important thing to you. But if you drive it mostly like a normal car and you want more range, I think it makes more sense to save a little money.
I second this. I could easily afford the MSP but bought the MSLR as my daily driver. I do own a dedicated track car but even if I didn’t, I can’t see myself pushing my daily driver to Plaid levels very often and would rather have the additional range. That said, if you want ONE car for all purposes and plan to take it to the track, by all means, get the Plaid.*

*Plaid acceleration is a blast but unless you plan to take it to the track, it’s really not practical for normal roads.

So the problem re-appeared this morning pulling to the right with slight acceleration.

Even more perplexing, I just realized today that I had the track mode slider backwards. I thought all the way to the left was rear and right was front. It's backwards. Left is front and right is rear.

So the pulling issue happens with front wheel drive only which means it can't be related to rear drive units being driven asymmetrically. On the downside, even though the front suspension isn't as complicated, the steering rack complicating things more than makes up for it.

I created FWD and RWD profiles.

Tomorrow I'll swap front wheels left to right and visually inspect every suspension component and double check that everything is torqued no less than spec.

I don’t really think it’s a big deal personally. Ambient lighting can look cheesy and cheap, especially how I’ve seen Tesla do it.

Front bumper could be a need, but I don’t know enough yet and hear the vision parking system has drastically improved.

My hope would be retro fit is possible on both.
I find the ambient lightning will make the car look cheap too

Reactions: RyanC1384
Does it feel like torque steer?

Yes, but it's always to the right. Basically in order to keep going straight, as soon as I start to accelerate even slightly, I have to turn the wheel to the left. It does not get worse the harder you accelerate unlike my MXP which pulled to the left and did so more the harder you accelerated. My P85DL stayed straight as an arrow under maximum acceleration.

I find the ambient lightning will make the car look cheap too

If it's anything like the highland strips, I don't want any part of it. Ambient lighting should be AMBIENT and not direct. Additionally, I believe the strips will be going in place of the satin aluminum inserts which will be sad.

What would be more interesting, if it's like the highland, is to get the feature provisioned and then plug in your own indirect RGB lighting into the existing connectors.

Reactions: RyanC1384
So the problem re-appeared this morning pulling to the right with slight acceleration.

Even more perplexing, I just realized today that I had the track mode slider backwards. I thought all the way to the left was rear and right was front. It's backwards. Left is front and right is rear.

So the pulling issue happens with front wheel drive only which means it can't be related to rear drive units being driven asymmetrically. On the downside, even though the front suspension isn't as complicated, the steering rack complicating things more than makes up for it.

I created FWD and RWD profiles.

Tomorrow I'll swap front wheels left to right and visually inspect every suspension component and double check that everything is torqued no less than spec.
So to clarify your car worked perfectly until you started messing with advanced settings. Maybe don’t mess with them…