Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the factory tour and picked up the car on Saturday. Great way to spend a Fall weekend morning. Factory was humming and running at 2-shifts/day, six-days a week. While I saw some brown and green cars (maybe the last of these colors), didn't get to see any dual-motor versions.

IMG_0944.jpeg

Took the factory tour and picked up the car on Saturday. Great way to spend a Fall weekend morning. Factory was humming and running at 2-shifts/day, six-days a week. While I saw some brown and green cars (maybe the last of these colors), didn't get to see any dual-motor versions.

View attachment 63352

That is an extremely beautiful car.

Congratulations

"Factory was humming and running at 2-shifts/day, six-days a week."

They really want to deliver at least 33,000 Tesla Model S cars in 2014.

MyTesla today changed to "in production" for me... Yesterday my DS told me car would be going into production next week so this is definitely confirmed by the web site. Was told a couple of weeks ago that delivery would be anywhere Nov 13 to 20 and asked me to be in town during that time.

Question for the folks on this forum, is MyTesla data pretty accurate on production status? If so, does the 7-10 day production cycle mean the car will be delivered earlier than the Nov 13 to 21 window?

View attachment 62662

Interesting... I'm still 'in production queue' for S85, pano, tech. xx60799. Seems like they're not building them necessarily in order..? Was originally told November delivery, now showing December. Can not get any information out of the DS...

Interesting... I'm still 'in production queue' for S85, pano, tech. xx60799. Seems like they're not building them necessarily in order..? Was originally told November delivery, now showing December. Can not get any information out of the DS...

No, ever since the very beginning (like, very very beginning when they were making signature cars) they have not gone in VIN order. There is some kind of batching that happens at the factory likely based on configuration and color choices that is separate from the VIN assignment.

View attachment 63352

Absolutely beautiful. I ordered the same color too, grey with 21" turbines. Delivery late November, I can barely sleep!

My S85 was assigned a VIN today, 11/13/14. #65504

I had originally ordered an 85D on 10/14/14 and switched to a non-D on 11/12/14.

Is it normal for a VIN to be assigned this quickly, basically the day after order confirmation?

Delivery estimate in the VIN assignment email says "Late December".