Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I share your skepticism but in this case it's a safety related issue and isn't the front camera needed to enable some features that were pulled with USS (park/summon)?
Tesla has actually claimed the exact opposite — i.e., current hardware will achieve (or exceed) parity with previous generation sensors and is sufficient to enable all features with future software updates. That said, time will tell if those claims prove accurate. That said, they have made significant progress with vision park assist. 😏

Tesla has actually claimed the exact opposite — i.e., current hardware will achieve (or exceed) parity with previous generation sensors and is sufficient to enable all features with future software updates. That said, time will tell if those claims prove accurate. That said, they have made significant progress with vision park assist. 😏
We'll solve it with software! Eventually!
Years later... How's that rain sensing going? 😅 How many cents did we save?

Question for my Texas buyers. Cash price includes TTL in my documents but previous 2 Tesla purchases I paid after the fact at the local tax office. Has something changed in Texas or is my SA ill informed?
as I am seeing it, Tesla is now registering the vehicle for us in Texas. But, that remains to be seen. I had to do the same with my previous 2 Teslas.

EDIT: When I completed my paperwork, I have plates I am transferring to this vehicle, and I had to provide the details behind the plates as well.

I started a dedicated thread on discrepancy between the Plaids EPA listed 359 vs the software's EPA display of 347 when fully charged. Several others have noted the issue here.

I started a dedicated thread on discrepancy between the Plaids EPA listed 359 vs the software's EPA display of 347 when fully charged. Several others have noted the issue here.

It does say (range est.) on the website so not sure how concerning this is. Has anyone with any 2023 model viewed the (range est) as spot on ever?

It does say (range est.) on the website so not sure how concerning this is. Has anyone with any 2023 model viewed the (range est) as spot on ever?
The cars predicted range when new was spot on with the epa estimate on my Plaid and M3P. That seems to be the case for most Teslas

Real world range was much less obviously, but that’s another issue.

Well its happening. Just signed the user agreement re: no USS. Order date: Oct 2023. This will be my first EV and I'm very excited. I live in the centre of Canada and will either pick-up or transfer the vehicle from an adjacent province (Saskatchewan).

I have lots of range and charging anxiety already hahaha. I'm praying my garage 220volt wall plug adaptor works! I have plans to eventually upgrade the garage power so that I can eventually install the Tesla HPWC. Baby steps.

Congrats!

Order the adapter that fits your outlet for the portable charger and you should be fine!

Reactions: Dylan McNamee
When I picked up mine yesterday, there was not a single other MSLR or MSP on the entire lot. The SA said they weren’t expecting any incoming for a while and EDDs were getting pushed out. For whatever that’s worth. 🤷‍♂️

With my luck, it won't be just ambient lighting and front camera. It'll be an all new battery, new hardware to support Dolby Atmos, motorized doors like the X, etc.

Given that connectors and harnesses already exist for the two rumored features, it seems unlikely they'd stop production for more than a day or two to switch the line for these unless it was something more major.

• Funny
Reactions: geminus