Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Following up on our prior M3P/M3L discussion, looks like that model will be 618HP, and therefore close the 670HP MSLR as we had discussed, and peak power at a higher speed.

1709749119459.png

1709749237828.png

• Informative
Reactions: empiredown
In order for me to do an apples to apples comparison, I have to compare my MSP to other high performance sedans that make over 1000 hp. There aren't any that get better than 17 mpg. Looks like California supercharging is also averaging about 34 cents per kWh, although if you're willing to do off peak it can be substantially less expensive.

My driving has been mostly winter in the rain and am still averaging less than 290 wh / mile which means I'm getting 3.44 miles / kwh which is 10.14 miles / dollar which in turn is 17 miles per $1.68 / gallon compared to whatever the current price is for super unleaded (91). Although some of these sedans require E85 in order to get their 1000+ hp specs which is cheaper than 91 but far less available.

Last edited:
Following up on our prior M3P/M3L discussion, looks like that model will be 618HP, and therefore close the 670HP MSLR as we had discussed, and peak power at a higher speed.

View attachment 1025221

No performance specs yet?

461 kw is equivalent to a P90DL v1 or P85DL but but the taper is likely to be a lot flatter than either of those. Also a lot lighter. Expect 0-60 in 2.4 seconds and 1/4 mile in 10.5 seconds.

Will cannibalize some Plaid sales for sure.

No performance specs yet?

461 kw is equivalent to a P90DL v1 or P85DL but but the taper is likely to be a lot flatter than either of those. Also a lot lighter. Expect 0-60 in 2.4 seconds and 1/4 mile in 10.5 seconds.

Will cannibalize some Plaid sales for sure.
I really don't see the Model 3 and Model S as comparable - let alone this new "performance" vs. the Model S Plaid. Night and day to me. Would always go S over the 3.

I have both model 3 and 2023 model s. Completely different experiences. If you want just acceleration then sure they might be similar
Yea, the biggest reason why I want a Model S is due to it being a hatchback so having the ability to transport bigger things is nice. I also like the piece of mind/convenience of the air suspension being able to rise up at places to avoid scrapping the front bumper. Aesthetics wise, the S still having the gauge cluster is nice as well.

Yea, the biggest reason why I want a Model S is due to it being a hatchback so having the ability to transport bigger things is nice. I also like the piece of mind/convenience of the air suspension being able to rise up at places to avoid scrapping the front bumper. Aesthetics wise, the S still having the gauge cluster is nice as well.

Agreed:
20211114_144341.jpg_compressed.JPEG

It’s crazy big. I packed 4 people, 3 full sized suitcases, 2 carry on’s and various book bags and stuff for a vacation. I had to take out some of the trays and privacy cover in order for that to work. It seemed to fit in my model s better than a RAV 4 that we rented when we got to the destination.

Curious to know for anyone who has received their model s already, how much do tints cost for the model s? I know it varies by region but just trying to get a rough idea. I’m going to do all the windows 20% and windshield prob 70%
In Nashville I’m paying $7500 for XPEL Stealth wrap all over + XR Plus full window tint (including top). I think wrap was about $6000 and tint was another $1500.