Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By the info yes. In a distant future sure but one guy that knows a guy on the internet is Not a validation. Especially when they claimed it would be announced a week ago which is the best tell of BS. Tesla never announces Anything!
No one said it would be announced in March. They said new features were being rolled out on the production line starting 3/1. We all know Tesla doesn’t announce anything until after the fact for minor updates like these. I’m not holding my breath either, but just wanted to clarify the sources that were shared. We’ll find out soon enough as people take delivery over the next few weeks for orders placed in March (or even those who ordered earlier but had their EDD pushed out).

No one said it would be announced in March. They said new features were being rolled out on the production line starting 3/1. We all know Tesla doesn’t announce anything until after the fact for minor updates like these. I’m not holding my breath either, but just wanted to clarify the sources that were shared. We’ll find out soon enough as people take delivery over the next few weeks for orders placed in March (or even those who ordered earlier but had their EDD pushed out).
The “reliable” source cited on internet news and social media did claim that Tesla would make an “announcement” on March 1. Doesn’t mean the upgrades won’t happen but just saying…

By the info yes. In a distant future sure but one guy that knows a guy on the internet is Not a validation. Especially when they claimed it would be announced a week ago which is the best tell of BS. Tesla never announces Anything!
How dare you? I will not stand by as you disparage the guy that knows a guy whose cousin works at McDonald’s near the Fremont factory. He’d never give us incorrect info!

Actually they said Tesla would be making the announcement the following day.

The “reliable” source cited on internet news and social media did claim that Tesla would make an “announcement” on March 1. Doesn’t mean the upgrades won’t happen but just saying…
False. See screenshot. No mention of announcement. This is the original outlet that first mentioned it. Can’t speak to other outlets….

Attachments

• IMG_3517.jpeg
    IMG_3517.jpeg
    407.1 KB · Views: 12
False. See screenshot. No mention of announcement. This is the original outlet that first mentioned it. Can’t speak to other outlets….
Was also a story on notateslaapp citing “trusted sources.” After the announcement didn’t happen, they also deleted that part and revised the article to say “early March.”

Attachments

• IMG_6905.jpeg
    IMG_6905.jpeg
    613.3 KB · Views: 5
We had a pretty flawless delivery in December. Since then, only one minor thing has shown up: our "frunk access cover" or whatever you call that thing - has one missing clip (the white inserts), and one of the two guideposts was flattened, and immediately broke off after touching it. These aren't huge deals, and I suspect that I could probably get a white clip just by showing up at an SC and asking for one. Not sure whether I should do anything about the broken-off guidepost. It doesn't seem to have a hugely important function. For folks picking up new cars, I'd say pulling off this cover and checking its integrity isn't a crazy addition to the already long checklists. (now that I think of it, it's probably already on one of them)
Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 12.17.05 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 12.17.37 PM.png

I should start a leak site with random rumors and delete the ones that are wrong for a 100% accurate site
It’s funny but there is an overwhelming incentive for these sites to anticipate the anticipation of rumors to drive clicks. There is zero penalty because you can always claim an anonymous “reliable source” and then blame “Tesla time” when it doesn’t pan out. And then you just try again a few weeks later. Eventually, you will be right! 😂

I notice that people that ordered months after me have been receiving their cars. The Tesla website also shows different configurations available, while so many are waiting for their orders.

This leads me to speculate that instead of fulfilling orders, Tesla is just randomly making different variations and shipping them to different areas of the country. It seems that when your particular configurations happens to get shipped to your area, then your order gets fulfilled. Any thoughts?

I notice that people that ordered months after me have been receiving their cars. The Tesla website also shows different configurations available, while so many are waiting for their orders.

This leads me to speculate that instead of fulfilling orders, Tesla is just randomly making different variations and shipping them to different areas of the country. It seems that when your particular configurations happens to get shipped to your area, then your order gets fulfilled. Any thoughts?
I do know, particularly in recent years, Tesla anticipates demand for various builds and then cranks them out in batches in order to maximize quarterly delivery #s. They don’t necessarily wait for people to order.