Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
December order, finally got a vin earlier this month. I go to pick it up and before even seeing the car, I’m told that there is a problem with the backseat. Told to come back in a week while they fix it.

Debating whether I should take the vehicle or let this one go. Personally don't have a strong preference for the ambient lighting.

Sorry for the late post. Picked MSLR on Wednesday 3/13 afternoon at Cathedral City, CA. Vehicle was in excellent condition with no issues, no gaps and detailed in a showroom. Trunk was aligned properly. Delivery took 15 minutes with no paperwork except for the 2 keycards. Vehicle was charged to 96%, received 10k loyalty points and 5k super charging miles. Vehicle manufactured 3/1/24, no front camera or ambient lighting. The Yoke wheel took getting used to but easy to manage with one hand. The parking lot was packed with new Teslas with aView attachment 1028360 truck arriving with new vehicles.
Both visible doors and the hood have multiple alignment issues but they should be fixable.

The big influx of a bunch of us getting VINs yesterday and today has me optimistic about the upgrades. Seems to me like there was a bit of a lull in VINs once Teslascope announced the changes
In that case you should be able to ask you SA, if you vehicle has ambient light strip in cabin and front bumper camera?
They should be able to check vehicle spec or something.

Reactions: TBrownTX
Would be curious to hear if the new yoke referred to in the tweet is the same as the ones getting installed on all 2024 builds (with haptic buttons) or the ones on M3 highland which have real buttons.
My march 2024 model s yoke steering is the same as my 2023 MX. The only difference is the center horn and camera button that brings up rear and blind spot views
See... This is exactly what I don't understand... My order was on Dec. 8th Stealth Gray and still no VIN. Same color as yours so there is no price change. What logic are they using to issue out VINs?
maybe it depends on which state you are located in ?

The big influx of a bunch of us getting VINs yesterday and today has me optimistic about the upgrades. Seems to me like there was a bit of a lull in VINs once Teslascope announced the changes
Would surely place my order if this is is true and comfirmed. I am in no rush to upgrade my MX as was gonna take the advantage of transfering FSD and supercharging. I like my car without the interior camera for FSD the only downside of the newer cars at least to me.

In that case you should be able to ask you SA, if you vehicle has ambient light strip in cabin and front bumper camera?
They should be able to check vehicle spec or something.
I asked them and this was the response.
IMG_1944.png