Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who else is suffering with this A pillar wind noise.... first apptment they basically said come back later if it's still happening, which it obviously is. Tech agreed there is wind noise only on the driver side, but they didnt do any diagnostic tests. Not looking forward to the next one on Friday.
Someone in the local Tesla facebook group mentioned the same thing but with a Model 3.

If it was my car, I would do/check the following:

1. check to see how the doors and panels align to each other. If one of the surfaces is protruding, that could create a "bump" in the air causing noise
2. check the top of the windshield and around the roof glass to make sure there's no weather stripping or anything protruding
3. while driving, fold the mirrors closed to see if the pitch of the noise changes. The car will want to keep the mirrors unfolded but they should fold enough for you to hear if the wind noise changes. The mirror could be causing the wind to hit the A pillar in a weird way.

Even though you're hearing the wind noise from the A pillar, it doesn't necessarily mean that's where the issue is. Wind noises are strange sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: iHateWaiting
Someone in the local Tesla facebook group mentioned the same thing but with a Model 3.

If it was my car, I would do/check the following:

1. check to see how the doors and panels align to each other. If one of the surfaces is protruding, that could create a "bump" in the air causing noise
2. check the top of the windshield and around the roof glass to make sure there's no weather stripping or anything protruding
3. while driving, fold the mirrors closed to see if the pitch of the noise changes. The car will want to keep the mirrors unfolded but they should fold enough for you to hear if the wind noise changes. The mirror could be causing the wind to hit the A pillar in a weird way.

Even though you're hearing the wind noise from the A pillar, it doesn't necessarily mean that's where the issue is. Wind noises are strange sometimes.
I will try these, thank you! I'm just so befuzzled that they would acknowledge a problem, do nothing about it and ask me to come back another day... lol. They said they'd do extra disgnostics but didnt even take the car in.

I will try these, thank you! I'm just so befuzzled that they would acknowledge a problem, do nothing about it and ask me to come back another day... lol. They said they'd do extra disgnostics but didnt even take the car in.
The person I referred to earlier found the noise actually coming from the top of the windshield as mentioned earlier. They used painters tape to troubleshoot. Not a bad idea...

1710907995406.png

Tesla has just updated the Model S EDD to Mar-Apr on the website. The renders of the front bumper and interior remain unchanged. If upgrades are gonna happen, it likely won’t be until Q2 (predictably).
That screenshot that Teslascope (Tyler Corsair) posted about his conversation with the Fremont Tesla factory worker makes me think it could be possible.
I'm not holding my breath, though.

I received a text message from the Tesla gods this morning. MY EDD changed from 3/23/24 - 3/31/24 to 4/3/24 - 4/9/24. The good news is that I have been assigned a 2024 VIN. I texted back and requested the build date of my car. I also asked if Tesla would honor the 5k supercharging miles post March 31 due to the inconvenience of them trying to deliver me a damaged car on 8 March and a wait since 8 December 2023. I am pretty sure I know the answer but you don't get what you don't ask for...........

I keep getting calls and texts for me to confirm my delivery appointment today. I keep telling them that I was already there and rejected the delivery. I also suggested that if they could fix the major issues, I would come look at the car again and potentially accept delivery before the end of the quarter. So far, no response.
Have you reconsidered that used one in Atlanta? The one with the track pack

I see it’s still available.

Well, I've been pretty quiet and patient, and following along with everyone's delivery woes for 3 1/2 months.
MSP, Arachnid, Cream, Yoke: order placed 12/12/23, wall connector installed in the garage, and various parts bought. Delivery windows never had actual dates, just months. First it was Jan/Feb, then Feb/Mar, then March, and then today it went to Mar/April. I have a tight window as I am due for extensive travel in May/Jun/July.
I'm getting really frosted and about to run out of patience. I wonder if these guys know what they are doing, 10 days to quarter-end? Maybe this is why my Tesla share-holding is also in the tank.
I'm about to pass by a Porsche dealer and look at the much more expensive Taycan.

Reactions: ck1891
Tesla telling me I need to submit payment prior to delivery or seeing the car is the biggest joke ever 🤡 anyone have experience with this ? Seems like most are fine holding off on payment until the delivery day after inspecting the vehicle.
I told TESLAI would have a cashiers check at delivery. After inspecting the car the check stayed in my pocket and I rejected the car. Brought the check back to my bank and deposited back in my account. :) Based on all the delivery horrors I have read, there is no way I would do it any other way than a cashiers check.