Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting observation from limited data. It seems the majority of '21 Plaids have FSD, while the majority of '23 used Plaids for sale do not have FSD. I guess as the vehicle price went down and the FSD price went up, the take rate went way down.

Do you think it's possible they don't want that many actually using FSD and that's better for them legally at the moment to have few users at higher ARPU?

Do you think it's possible they don't want that many actually using FSD and that's better for them legally at the moment to have few users at higher ARPU?
I think when the price went above $10k for an actually functional FSD promised "real soon now", that's when people said "no thanks".
That's certainly true for me. I'd buy it if it was ~$5k but:
- the current price of $12k plus
- the possibility of a monthly subscription option (I'd likely not use it all the time so month to month is good for me) plus
- the fact that it's not fully baked yet (although getting better with each release)
means I'm not buying it yet.

Reactions: RyanC1384
Interesting that many of you with cream interiors are having such a long wait. I ordered mid February and after the EPA delay, was assigned a VIN and prompted to schedule delivery. Couldn’t take delivery due to schedule,put my order on hold. Original VIN reassigned to someone else. Released hold on March 12 and was assigned new VIN almost immediately. Scheduled for delivery 3/28.

MSLR, 19”, ultra red, steering wheel.
Yup, waiting since 12/27 for the same exact build but I ordered mine before the UR paint increase.

Also, got an issue with the frunk not opening after pressing the open button once... it pops out but does not let me lift it (gets stuck on something) ... i am able to get it to open if i press the open button twice

Anyone else had this issue?
Mine sometimes does this. It seems random. It's like the main latch opens on the first press and the safety latch open on the second press. But not every time. I need to pay attention to see if it only happens when I don't have the key on me (i.e. car already unlocked), or something else.

Same! MSLR UR, Cream, Wheel, 19". Ordered 12/31/2023 (pre-paint increase), no holds, no emails, app is green across the board, but... no VIN!
There have been several UR/Cream go through tesla-info, so not sure what the hold up is.
EDD is currently 3/24-3/31 but I am skeptical.

I asked to be matched to an identical build in inventory in a neighboring state and was told no, even though it shows up under "all deliverable".

Also, it appears the 2023 stock is discounted ~3% again. Needs to go significantly lower before I'd think about that option though.

At long last, woke up this morning to an assigned VIN. LR/grey/black/wheel/19’s. Ordered 12/5. Multiple EDDs. Last EDD moved from March 17th - 31st to March 29th - 31st and I thought surely Tesla was playing games with me again. I got an email this morning at 6:31 am informing me I had a VIN and my SA informed me was the car’s birth date.

Reactions: ragweedd
Tesla telling me I need to submit payment prior to delivery or seeing the car is the biggest joke ever 🤡 anyone have experience with this ? Seems like most are fine holding off on payment until the delivery day after inspecting the vehicle.
My delivery is tomorrow - they’re telling me to pay, I’m not going to until I see it and will send via Plaid in the moment.