Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing this gives me serious garage envy especially when you see the mess that my garage is. I'm building a 120 sf shed to move the lawn equipment and anything related to construction. The only thing that should remain is the actual tools. Still not sure if I'm ever going to achieve the clean look that you have:
View attachment 1034865

I wish I had as much space as you! My garage is tiny at 543 sq ft. I had to plan out carefully every bit of space.

Cabinets and slatwall do wonders. Also getting rid of stuff.... Donate and take the tax write off. :)

Also, steady rack for bikes is great. I put two of those in for my girlfriend's bike and my tenant's bike. I have an apartment above the garage, hence also the need for a washer and dryer in the garage. The bikes had to be very accessible, since both of them commute daily on their bikes. I commute on my Sur Ron every day.

Does Xpel Fusion have the glossy paint aesthetics of a ceramic coating as well?
It definitely does. AFS had never actually used it and they were impressed with the depth of gloss. I had it on my Rivian prior and have it on my F150 Lightning. The Lightning is 2 years old. Every 3-4 months, I take 15-20 minutes after washing and apply the Xpel Ceramic Boost product. Has held up really well.

Reactions: Yoke and zoomer0056
I wish I had as much space as you! My garage is tiny at 543 sq ft. I had to plan out carefully every bit of space.

Cabinets and slatwall do wonders. Also getting rid of stuff.... Donate and take the tax write off. :)

Also, steady rack for bikes is great. I put two of those in for my girlfriend's bike and my tenant's bike. I have an apartment above the garage, hence also the need for a washer and dryer in the garage. The bikes had to be very accessible, since both of them commute daily on their bikes. I commute on my Sur Ron every day.

At least you're actually using your garage as a garage. Everyone of our relatives and friends use their garage as storage and park their cars outside. Multiple times a year we hear stories from various friends and family about their cars getting broken into or their catalytic converters getting stolen because they have too much stuff and most of it is stuff that sits there for years and years and is never touched.

At least you're actually using your garage as a garage. Everyone of our relatives and friends use their garage as storage and park their cars outside. Multiple times a year we hear stories from various friends and family about their cars getting broken into or their catalytic converters getting stolen because they have too much stuff and most of it is stuff that sits there for years and years and is never touched.
I could never do that. I don't understand my neighbors that do that. Especially with the amount of pollen and general tree gunk that falls on the cars. They look like a mess all the time.

For the one I sent you the other day, I did the Xpel Fusion that has the hydrophopic properties built in, so no need to ceramic coat (per Xpel and has a 10 year warranty)
I went with their stealth PPF + Fusion ceramic coating but I’ll definitely want to try out the Fusion PPF when I get bored of the matte look!
660b00812ab79c0007b48c38.jpeg

After yesterday’s subpar delivery news I checked out used Model S pricing on Tesla’s website to see if they were going to try to move some of their preowned inventory… wtf are their used prices? Pretty sure I saw used cars with prices above or near new!
I assume the used car sales don't count towards the delivery numbers, so they don't care about them. Still, I don't know why they want them clogging up their lots.

Picked up my 2024 S today (DBM, 19s, blk interior, wheel). Ordered on 3/12, delivered 4/3.

Have to say, in my novice opinion at least, the fit and finish looks pretty good. While I didn't generally pay attention to panel gaps until reading this thread, I didn't see the apparent typical misalignment of the rear hatch - though I have the feeling someone with better eyes than mine will see it in these pics. :)

I'll end the suspense - no bumper camera or ambient lighting. Regardless, I'm happy with it, and will be getting some 19" gloss black TSportline wheels mounted on Friday - since I CAN'T STAND these hubcaps! :mad: Decided to stick with the stock fitment so I wouldn't have to buy new tires right out of the gate.

IMG_5791.JPGIMG_5788.JPGIMG_5794.JPGIMG_5786a.JPG

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Picked up my 2024 S today (DBM, 19s, blk interior, wheel). Ordered on 3/12, delivered 4/3.

Have to say, in my novice opinion at least, the fit and finish looks pretty good. While I didn't generally pay attention to panel gaps until reading this thread, I didn't see the apparent typical misalignment of the rear hatch - though I have the feeling someone with better eyes than mine will see it in these pics. :)

I'll end the suspense - no bumper camera or ambient lighting. Regardless, I'm happy with it, and will be getting some 19" gloss black TSportline wheels mounted on Friday - since I CAN'T STAND these hubcaps! :mad: Decided to stick with the stock fitment so I wouldn't have to buy new tires right out of the gate.

View attachment 1035303View attachment 1035304View attachment 1035305View attachment 1035306

The liftgate alignment looks nearly perfect. I'm jealous!!

Edit: OK, so a little higher on the left than the right but still better than typical.

View attachment 1035303View attachment 1035304View attachment 1035305View attachment 1035306

Have you considered pulling the wheel covers, and adding a center cap? Will save you a lot of money.

Reactions: TBrownTX