Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm feeling pretty good about my car a week after delivery. I was able to sort out a few of the issues. I have three things scheduled for service:
1. Replace the wheel they curbed.
2. Fix the janky touchup paint on the hinge that was hammered into submission.
3. Adjust the driver's door window to stop water leaking at the carwash.

I think the little triangle is also leaking. I can hear wind on the highway. I'm going to try covering some parts with painters tape to see where it is leaking.

The doors aren't very well aligned, but I am probably not going to have them try to beat on the hinges some more to fix them...

I'm feeling pretty good about my car a week after delivery. I was able to sort out a few of the issues. I have three things scheduled for service:
1. Replace the wheel they curbed.
2. Fix the janky touchup paint on the hinge that was hammered into submission.
3. Adjust the driver's door window to stop water leaking at the carwash.

I think the little triangle is also leaking. I can hear wind on the highway. I'm going to try covering some parts with painters tape to see where it is leaking.

The doors aren't very well aligned, but I am probably not going to have them try to beat on the hinges some more to fix them...
If you have no seat wrinkles, I'd consider yourself ahead...

Reactions: zoomer0056
Took delivery today of our Model S long range. Overall it went pretty well. Panel gaps and door alignments were okay to my untrained eye. Rear hatch is definitely slightly higher on the right than the left, but again, not enough to bother me. The only slight issue that we had was the passenger side mirror would not adjust properly. Tesla service advisor came out and looked at it and agreed to swap out the mirror assembly. Took about an hour overall, but with the new mirror it worked fine. Passenger side rear door handle is slightly recessed compared to the others again not a horrific problem. May have Tesla come to my house to adjust at a later date. Sales advisor took note of it on the delivery paperwork.

Here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_8251.jpeg
    IMG_8251.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8252.jpeg
    IMG_8252.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8254.jpeg
    IMG_8254.jpeg
    926.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8255.jpeg
    IMG_8255.jpeg
    945.8 KB · Views: 7
Took delivery today of our Model S long range. Overall it went pretty well. Panel gaps and door alignments were okay to my untrained eye. Rear hatch is definitely slightly higher on the right than the left, but again, not enough to bother me. The only slight issue that we had was the passenger side mirror would not adjust properly. Tesla service advisor came out and looked at it and agreed to swap out the mirror assembly. Took about an hour overall, but with the new mirror it worked fine. Passenger side rear door handle is slightly recessed compared to the others again not a horrific problem. May have Tesla come to my house to adjust at a later date. Sales advisor took note of it on the delivery paperwork.
If you start to get a rattle from the rear, check the rear hatch rubber stops. Unscrew the stops a turn or two and the rattle should go away.

Curious if anyone knows: is there a Tesla TSB or other solution to the incessant rear seatback rattles?

We have it on three 2022 MS's, and despite repair visits, they all still rattle and/or creak whenever there is a torsional load on the body--pretty piss poor design/build quality for what these cost back in the day . . .

Thanks.

Curious if anyone knows: is there a Tesla TSB or other solution to the incessant rear seatback rattles?

We have it on three 2022 MS's, and despite repair visits, they all still rattle and/or creak whenever there is a torsional load on the body--pretty piss poor design/build quality for what these cost back in the day . . .

Thanks.
Wrap the latches with gaffer tape.

Couple of questions for this community
1. I think I found one issue with frunk there seems to be a small tear in the lining underneath and I could notice the gap on the passenger side is less than the driver side

2. I am also not able to get the center console gear shift to work it always appears for a few seconds and when I press nothing happens. Is it only available in transport mode ( I remember when you touch the center console it used to appear and stay there in the demo drive vehicles )

Any ideas on the above ?

Thanks.
Also interested. Whenever I back out of my driveway which somewhat contorts to the vehicle I get this terrible creaking noise that I swear is coming from the backseat. It’s not related to the latch rattle that’s a different issue.

Looks great - all the new cars are fantastic! Can you post a link to those aero covers please?

These are what I got…

Also interested. Whenever I back out of my driveway which somewhat contorts to the vehicle I get this terrible creaking noise that I swear is coming from the backseat. It’s not related to the latch rattle that’s a different issue.
Have it (2021 Model S). Pretty sure my rear bench is either not latched down or something similar. My rear latches are still ****ed as well, still creaking and popping. I refuse to tape it - probably had eight or 10 visits addressing them Tesla.