Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked out the new plaid seats, since I’m always getting my Model S serviced due to issues they can never quite fix (they actually accidentally replaced my rear screen with the smaller 2021 version….). It’s a comedic catastrophe here. In any case the seats are ok, better in person. The suede inserts just feel “cheap” to me and remind me of the old AliExpress seat covers for the model 3. I am also a bigger guy in the rear and they felt constricting and closer to the size of my old model 3 seat - especially the bottoms. I still love the plaid insignia on the back, but I have less buyer’s remorse now. The older seats, at least to me, are a little bit plusher and more comfortable. I wish a hybrid option was available. The new silver is also much better looking in person. I like it - might be a close second favorite (still behind white).

Reactions: zoomer0056
It finally happened—I got my Tesla! :) I placed the order on 4/25 (right after I returned my MSLR as a Lemon), received the VIN on 5/10, and took delivery on 5/24.

I went with the MSP in Stealth Grey, 19" wheels, white interior, and standard steering.

The build quality is quite respectable: door gaps are a 5, trunk lid gaps are a 4, and hood-to-headlight alignment is a 5. I did have to make some minor adjustments to the trunk lid.

The car was impeccably polished and cleaned when I picked it up.

RE: lack of deliveries, thought you all might find this interesting:

Anecdotally, still no correspondence from Tesla after my S order. Just sitting there with financing approved waiting to learn more. Very strange.
Sorry articles like this simply don’t review reality. Example, the end interview states they will buy a Polestar as they are nicer to employees and won’t do layoffs like Tesla. Yet, in February of this year Polestar Did lay off 15% of its work force. Didn’t going viral on the web because it’s not click worthy or Tesla.

I'm not entirely sure what relevance that has. I don't care about the writer of the article buying a Polestar or being a hypocrite or being critical of Tesla, I care about his current experience matching many people in the comments' current experiences and my own current experience; we have active Tesla orders with little to no communication which has seemingly been exacerbated after recent layoffs. All of this is occurring at the same time the face of Tesla is demanding a massive compensation package. That is reality, and it's not good. Tesla doesn't need defending 100% of the time.

I'm not entirely sure what relevance that has. I don't care about the writer of the article buying a Polestar or being a hypocrite or being critical of Tesla, I care about his current experience matching many people in the comments' current experiences and my own current experience; we have active Tesla orders with little to no communication which has seemingly been exacerbated after recent layoffs. All of this is occurring at the same time the face of Tesla is demanding a massive compensation package. That is reality, and it's not good. Tesla doesn't need defending 100% of the time.
He’s a Tesla shill, and comes to their defense whenever anything negative is posted

Reactions: jelyk
Fair enough but I question why everyone is up in arms over a compensation package? Let’s say you, or anyone for that matter was offered a Rediculus let alone almost Impossible task of massively increasing a companies profit or get Nothing and you and the entire company agreed to it then you Accomplish that Wild goal. Would you feel fine with them (company and shareholders) changing their mind? I know if I was offered a compensation package and accomplished it I would most certainly Expect to be paid.

My experience was total crap last Sept for my delivery. Showed up 20 mins prior to my delivery time and waited another hour before I was seen and my car wasn't parked out front. I was told after signing 90% of everything that they ran into an issue with the trunk hatch and I needed to wait. I was there for 5 hours and excuse after excuse of what was wrong kept changing. I ended up rejecting and told a new car would be there in 3 days, so I went with that car. Well 3 weeks later that car showed up and during that time my outside finance had to be redone and no one at Tesla could tell me why the car that was enroute was delayed 3 weeks anytime I reached out. My next delivery was the same, I showed up early and still had to wait a long time, but this time my car was out front and I got to take it home that day.

My test drives at Raleigh was also horrendous at that time as well. Took me 10+ mins to find a free associate each time we went there during our multiple trips that could help get us in the demo cars each time during our scheduled time, which takes away from our test drive time. I went back to the Raleigh location twice within the past week to test drive a MYP and MYLR for my wife and 90% of the team out front were the same and with a few new faces, but got the same treatment as my previous experience last Sept with demo drives. Sadly it's now worse due to the "keyless" experience. They are remotely starting the cars to demo, which means you cannot get out of your car during the demo's to swap drivers or look at the car off site. I prefer to get away from the SC to look at the car alone and in peace somewhat and to be able to swap out drivers, but now you have to come back to the SC and find an available team member to remotely start it after the swap. I was told people were stealing the keycards and trying to come back at night to steal the cars is why they changed their policy of remoted test drives, but it truly sucks. We got stranded because my wife was exploring the screen and tapped into a game, which puts the car in park and it disabled our ability to start back up and we were stranded. It took 7 attempts to call the store to have someone remotely start the car for us to get us back on the road. This is my personal experience before and after the layoffs, which were the same basically outside of the new keyless policy. FYI: I can't wait for them to open the much larger location in Raleigh because I hate that tight parking lot with absolutely no places to actually park because it's always full.

Little to no communication during the ordering process is not new, nor is it related to current events. It’s how Tesla operates.
This will be my 7th (I think) Tesla auto purchase and I also have Tesla Solar & Powerwall at my house. Customer service in general has gotten worse and worse with time. I clearly like the products and want to support Tesla, but I also have a right to comment on the increasingly awful purchasing experience (which is shared by others). At a certain point, I'll just move to a different manufacturer, but if you're losing diehards like me, it doesn't bode well considering other manufacturers are starting to get their EV sea legs.

Fair enough but I question why everyone is up in arms over a compensation package? Let’s say you, or anyone for that matter was offered a Rediculus let alone almost Impossible task of massively increasing a companies profit or get Nothing and you and the entire company agreed to it then you Accomplish that Wild goal. Would you feel fine with them (company and shareholders) changing their mind? I know if I was offered a compensation package and accomplished it I would most certainly Expect to be paid.
Because Elon Musk doesn't design, build, maintain, and sell every car himself. When the de factor leader of a company is threatening to harm the long term viability of the company ( https://electrek.co/2024/05/20/elon-musk-confirms-threat-give-me-25-of-tesla-or-no-ai-robotics/#:~:text=Elon%20Musk%20appears%20to%20confirmed,company%20is%20worthless%20without%20those ) unless he's paid an exorbitant bonus, while firing a huge amount of employees that are responsible for generating the value that the bonus is based off of, which in turn worsens customer experiences and discourages future buyers, that's objectively a bad combination. I can't believe this is a concept that needs explaining.

Elon's bonus was also not my original point, but I'm happy to keep rebutting your comments as you move the goal posts around to try defend Tesla.

Reactions: ks1972 and Seattle
Is this electric auto films? They were fine after several initial eff upps. They did cut my paint near the windshield wipers. I paid $4k for mine but because of the issues they gave me 10 year ceramic coating and a free upgrade to ceramic tint so its fine in the end.
Yes, Electric Auto Films in Anaheim and Irvine. I read the 5 star reviews and didn't see any bad ones. Will inspect the wrap carefully now that you mentioned you had issues but that won't be awhile since my EDD dates are moving to the right on the daily.
Ordered 12/30/23 - MSP White with cream interior.
May 26 - Jun 11
May 27 - Jun 12
May 28 - Jun 13
May 29 - Jun 14

I waited just over six months from order to delivery for a Feb 2022 MSLR Deep Blue Metalic with walnut and cream interior. At that time some waited for a year.
Yes and I waited 18 months with a minute 1 plaid+ order
That’s the past, this is now. 2022 was over 2 yrs ago.

They have been delivering consistently <4-6 weeks for months. Except from what I’ve gathered, cream interior.

Reactions: TBrownTX