Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone received a Model S VIN or taken delivery recently? Things seem to be moving slowly.
I wonder if there are other changes coming with the new Lunar Silver color option.
When Ultra-Red was added, there were other updates introduced including revised roof glass, round wheel option, etc.

The new lunar silver is tempting me to breal the hold out for the bumper cam.

Now I’m wrestling with will cream interior look good with silver? I thought it looked amazing with the midnight gray.

I guess the other consideration is the seemingly long delays for cream interior.

Any thoughts?

The new lunar silver is tempting me to breal the hold out for the bumper cam.

Now I’m wrestling with will cream interior look good with silver? I thought it looked amazing with the midnight gray.

I guess the other consideration is the seemingly long delays for cream interior.

Any thoughts?
My 2 cents:
- bumper cam is probably not coming due to massive improvements to vision park assist (CT is an exception due to size, angle & height of windshield, leaving a much larger blind spot in the front)
- cream interior is very light (I have it with SG) and would look amazing with silver (wouldn’t clash)
- my cream interior order was filled in a month
- love my SG but defo jealous of LS option

Here is the finished product. Ultra Red Plaid. White Interior. 21" Wheels and Round Steering Wheel. Ordered 4/10 and delivered 5/20.
PPF all the way to the back doors. Double Ceramic Coating everywhere and full tinting.
It does have the Ambient indirect interior lighting with the option to select it on or off. No bumper camera.
It does not work as well parking in the garage and alerts me to stop at least 18 inches short of where I want to.
There are boxes near the front but it's still 2 feet away from where I normally stop. There is no inches countdown that my 2017 Model S had. I miss the ultra sonic sensors for that. So that part is worse.
Everything else is waaaaay better. Love the car. Glad I went Plaid even though the power is overkill. The interior is a must have from the regular S.

Attachments

• Tesla 1.jpeg
    Tesla 1.jpeg
    917.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Tesla 2.jpeg
    Tesla 2.jpeg
    438.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Tesla 3.jpeg
    Tesla 3.jpeg
    397.9 KB · Views: 8
Looks fantastic - congrats. Man that color looks deeeeeeeep!

Are red calipers an option or is it part of a package (track?), or did you have them painted?
Yes they are standard calipers. I purposely waited a few years for a new car because I did not like the color options except blue which I already had. I wanted something richer and deeper in color. The old red was horrible. Once Tesla introduced the Ultra Red I was very happy about that. I held out still because of the horn button. Once they fixed that early this year, I was ready for a new car. I am very happy with the color. Worth every penny. The film and ceramic coating darken it even more. It might attract too much attention. 😆