Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what you are saying is Tesla’s original offer was over inflated and it came down to market value and you are upset?
I'm saying it's typical Tesla to inflate an offer so I accept it and proceed with purchase, and then right when car is ready, offer is expired and they go down by $8K in 30 days. I get it's the marketplace, but they've taken two weeks to update the offer, when I could have been actively selling on my own. Just looking to be a smarty pants, eh?

Trunk Gap we need an update man!
Indeed!

My MSP/UR/black/yoke/19" EDD window of 7 days has been incrementing daily for about a week now. I visited the delivery center and it's sitting outside under some trees accumulating bird droppings. They say there's a hold on the delivery due to the seat belt inspection and software update to not use the seat sensor for belt warnings. I am not sure that is entirely factual, as I read the inspection was for previous repairs (my car's born-on date was 5/8) and the software update will simply come when it's ready.

On the dash and visible through the windshield, there is a paper "FC Kickback" with a check on "Repair" (unchecked: "Paint", "Body"). There were some hard-to-read (mostly washed off by now) grease-pencil hand-written notes on the window: "wind noise", "b-pillar rattle", and (ugh) "paint". Paint looked okay, but car is very dirty.

This is order #2 from my first order mid-December that I rejected due to three chipped paint issues.

Sigh. As my first Tesla purchase, I'm losing a lot of my enthusiasm.

Indeed!

My MSP/UR/black/yoke/19" EDD window of 7 days has been incrementing daily for about a week now. I visited the delivery center and it's sitting outside under some trees accumulating bird droppings. They say there's a hold on the delivery due to the seat belt inspection and software update to not use the seat sensor for belt warnings. I am not sure that is entirely factual, as I read the inspection was for previous repairs (my car's born-on date was 5/8) and the software update will simply come when it's ready.

On the dash and visible through the windshield, there is a paper "FC Kickback" with a check on "Repair" (unchecked: "Paint", "Body"). There were some hard-to-read (mostly washed off by now) grease-pencil hand-written notes on the window: "wind noise", "b-pillar rattle", and (ugh) "paint". Paint looked okay, but car is very dirty.

This is order #2 from my first order mid-December that I rejected due to three chipped paint issues.

Sigh. As my first Tesla purchase, I'm losing a lot of my enthusiasm.
One good thing. Since it's there you can at least inspect the outside.

OK mission accomplished!
They said it was the first Lunar Silver delivery ✨

It has a slight metallic/glitter that sparkles in the sun and takes on the colors around it in the dark. If you like a lighter diff shade of silver vs the traditional gunmetal/gray/MSM look, you will enjoy it. I love it.

The seats - very big improvement, much needed. They look great, feel great. Not too tight and not too loose on the bolsters - very wide range of body type can enjoy them.

Super smooth delivery, car was spotless, another wonderful experience 👏

Cheers to everyone about to take delivery, enjoy!!

Attachments

• IMG_1710.jpeg
    IMG_1710.jpeg
    580.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1712.jpeg
    IMG_1712.jpeg
    682.8 KB · Views: 6
I’ve been constantly googling to see more pictures of lunar silver. I can wait to see it in the wild.
A lunar silver plaid or a Porsche racing green Taycan turbo GT with the weissach package…. These are good car times we livin in!

Can the government please just let me win the lottery already so I can spend it all on cars!

OK mission accomplished!

It has a slight metallic/glitter that sparkles in the sun and takes on the colors around it in the dark. If you like a lighter diff shade of silver vs the traditional gunmetal/gray/MSM look, you will enjoy it. I love it.

The seats - very big improvement, much needed. They look great, feel great. Not too tight and not too loose on the bolsters - very wide range of body type can enjoy them.

Stunning! Thanks for sharing and enjoy!

OK mission accomplished!

Simply awesome! Love it. So glad, Tesla offers this color now.

Congrats to you all for getting your Model S. Today, I went to refresh the app to see if any changes to my EDD and my order from 12/30/23 MSP cream interior doesn't show on my products page. I called sales and rep said it has been cancelled. Unbelievable. Rep says he will email the team and get back to me.
Anyone in this situation before? Wonder if the cream interior orders are being cancelled. If they refund me the order fee, I guess I can reorder again and restart the wait.

After hanging up, I received an email from Tesla and it says I cancelled and what is the reason. No way I cancelled, been waiting this long.

Attachments

• Order Cancel.jpg
    Order Cancel.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Congrats to you all for getting your Model S. Today, I went to refresh the app to see if any changes to my EDD and my order from 12/30/23 MSP cream interior doesn't show on my products page. I called sales and rep said it has been cancelled. Unbelievable. Rep says he will email the team and get back to me.
Anyone in this situation before? Wonder if the cream interior orders are being cancelled. If they refund me the order fee, I guess I can reorder again and restart the wait.

After hanging up, I received an email from Tesla and it says I cancelled and what is the reason. No way I cancelled, been waiting this long.

Oh man that sucks, sorry that happened to you. Let us know what you find out once you are able to get a hold of them.

Reactions: Trunk Gap
OK mission accomplished!

Driver door is misaligned

• Funny
Reactions: Trunk Gap

Pretty strange. I've never canceled so I don't know how it's done. But I can imagine there is at least an "Are you sure" confirmation making it hard to do by mistake. Does somebody else have access to your account?