Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My "In Production" time seems to be taking longer than usual, at least when compared to other production times I've seen around the forum. It went into production on April 11th, and today (9 days later) it's still there. I guess I got too excited by seeing all the 2-3 production times and was expecting an early delivery - ah well! :smile:
I'm right there with you. I am still expecting a 3-4 days to build my S85 that began on the 17th. But when I brought it up to my DS, she stated it usually takes about 2 weeks to build the car. I kinda expect that answer from a DS since worst case scenarios would still probably fit within her timeline - and timely production would look like she walks on water!

I'm hoping mine comes out of production either today or tomorrow. My estimated delivery of May hasn't changed since my 3/13/15 order.

I'm right there with you. I am still expecting a 3-4 days to build my S85 that began on the 17th. But when I brought it up to my DS, she stated it usually takes about 2 weeks to build the car. I kinda expect that answer from a DS since worst case scenarios would still probably fit within her timeline - and timely production would look like she walks on water!

I'm hoping mine comes out of production either today or tomorrow. My estimated delivery of May hasn't changed since my 3/13/15 order.

2 weeks for production?! Wow. I would imagine that to be pretty conservative. No Tesla experience, but with my orders from other brands, a week was usually the rule of thumb.

That gives me hope, I'm 900ish behind you. 828XX. Probably another week or so before my S 85 goes into production..

Just going to repeat my effort of sounding like a broken record... You really can't draw any conclusions on production sequencing from the VINs. They don't produce the cars in order. They are a very rough gauge of the order Tesla may have had in mind to produce them in, but the order almost always changes by the time it comes around. Generally VIN assignment happens 6 weeks before production.

Awww come on, let me have my delusions :smile: Seriously though I was told I'd be going into production the end of April so another week or so sounds right. I'm down to only checking 5x a day, that's a huge improvement from when I ordered a month ago.

Just got a call from my DS, should be going into production by 4/27. This will probably have me checking the site even more now. :redface:

Mine went into production 16th April, was flagged as "In Transit" on 20th April, so only 4 days to build (S85).
I'm told it takes 6-8 weeks to get across the pond to Holland, get re-assembled and finally shipped to the UK... but I'll still check 'my.teslamotors' every couple of days I'm sure...!

At what point does the MyTesla app become active?

Within 48 hours of delivery. How soon largely depends on how they do delivery. If they have you hit the Accept Delivery button on the website then it's usually just a few hours max. If they do it on paper with a signature then it's whenever someone gets around to properly marking your car as delivered plus a few hours. Every once in a while that falls through the cracks and you have to poke them.