Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S gets $3K price drop then a $2570 drop to $69420!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered an S to be delivered this week. Any experience in getting them to drop price before I take delivery?

If you haven't taken delivery, taking advantage of the price reduction should be very simple. When it happened to the Model Y, my understanding is people just reached out to their sales associates and requested the price reduction. Don't take delivery until the price is corrected.

I would definitely take the $3k and run. I can't see too many people using more than $3k worth of supercharging over the life of their car. Heck, I've only spent $109.64 in the 1 year I've had the car, and that includes several road trips. All in all, about 10% of my kwh come from supercharging. If I ONLY supercharged and never used a destination charger, I'd be at just over $1k in supercharging costs in a year, which would take me ~3 years to break even with usage remaining the same.

As for FSD - I'd pay for it when it gets here. :)

To think that a model S was way above $100K a few years back! At this rate, the S will be $65K a few years from now. Maybe I'll replace the 3 with an S in a few years. It's such a great grand tourer. Now, if Elon could add storage in the door, it'd be perfect.
The price might increase when they release the revised S.

I would definitely take the $3k and run. I can't see too many people using more than $3k worth of supercharging over the life of their car. Heck, I've only spent $109.64 in the 1 year I've had the car, and that includes several road trips. All in all, about 10% of my kwh come from supercharging. If I ONLY supercharged and never used a destination charger, I'd be at just over $1k in supercharging costs in a year, which would take me ~3 years to break even with usage remaining the same.

As for FSD - I'd pay for it when it gets here. :)
I agree — I'd take the $3000 and give up free supercharging. I've Supercharged my car more than 458 times, so I use FUSC a lot, but $3000 will pay for a LOT of Supercharging.

This new price is roughly what my S-60 cost when new in 2014 (I bought it used in 2016). That's an amazing price drop/performance increase in just six years. Tesla's car pricing is more like a tech product than traditional autos.