Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots of posts in this thread, congrats to all of you getting your cars in Q1!

How'd you get a delivery date? When I called they said it more like 'Well I think delivery would be around the second week of May'. Taking into account that (if it is the same batch) yours must be shipped from Tilburg to Finland (how would that go? Train? Truck?), the 15th of May sounds early.

I ordered from the car importer Auto-Outlet in Finland, not directly from Tesla. The importer gave the 15th May as the tentative delivery date, but I suspect they were overly optimistic. After all, when they started importing the cars in November 2013 they reported the first deliveries to happen in January/February, but the latest info I have is that the first deliveries actually happened in early March.

I would think it takes some time for the car to get from Tilburg to Finland. I don't know what method they use to bring the cars in, though. Auto-Outlet has a side branch in Luxembourg, and I am wondering if that has some relevance to their Tesla deliveries to Finland.

Pate

No, I asked that particular question as well. No list do choose from.
There is a list, they probably won't show it to you though.
I had a chat with a Tesla person locally and we tried to find something for me (he had some sort of list or online access of some sort) but all cars were too far from my spec for me to be that flexible (5000+ EUR of equipment I didn't want and lacking some that I did want).
But I find it strange that the cars would be there at all? Aren't Tesla supposed to be production constrained? Why is there then 40 EU-cars sitting in Holland without anyone ordering them before production?

There is a list, they probably won't show it to you though.
I had a chat with a Tesla person locally and we tried to find something for me (he had some sort of list or online access of some sort) but all cars were too far from my spec for me to be that flexible (5000+ EUR of equipment I didn't want and lacking some that I did want).
But I find it strange that the cars would be there at all? Aren't Tesla supposed to be production constrained? Why is there then 40 EU-cars sitting in Holland without anyone ordering them before production?

I believe they were ordered and then canceled (Maybe those who ordered got cold feet)! Not sure about it though :rolleyes:

Im also still waiting production. 34081 I have a feeling today is my day though. :)

Fingers crossed!

I just started my wait 4-5 days ago. I have until June (wanted an extra month to save for upfront tax in Texas). Now I am super impatient! Just thought I would share my eagerness. Been saving/waiting for 2 years for this moment. The home stretch is here!

Congratulations! I spent more than a year planning and preparing for this purchase, so I know how you feel. Unfortunately, the months after you confirm are the worst. I had planned to spend my two-month wait making preparations: NEMA 14-50 install, reorganize the garage, get my financing together, notify insurance, buy accessories (LED license plate bulbs, tire repair kit, wheel locks, first aid kit, etc etc), and immerse myself in the forum like a ritalin-dosed child. I finished all of that with a month to go... :D

no more dreaming

My car arrived yesterday. My DES Andrew stayed late to hand it over last night. Otherwise, it would have been three more days because our schedules didn't mesh. It seems he also handles the Highland Park location. I specified no wash, because I'll be getting opti-coat.
photo.JPG

My car arrived yesterday. My DES Andrew stayed late to hand it over last night. Otherwise, it would have been three more days because our schedules didn't mesh. It seems he also handles the Highland Park location. I specified no wash, because I'll be getting opti-coat.
View attachment 45333

Nice!! How many days did it take to ship your car after it was completed? Yes Andrew is also my DS for Highland park. Talked to him today and he said everything is on schedule for the 29th of this month. I told him I am hoping sooner then that. He's also said my car is in production, it just doesn't show up on Tesla Motors that it is yet. Im hoping for sure this week it has to!