Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Paint - factory custom?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of that is due to people buying cars off the lot, and that's what the dealer orders.

Well, yeah--but the dealers order those because they are the easiest to sell, and they are the easiest to sell because they are what most people want.

I am just glad they offer red--and one of the best reds around, at that.

Well, yeah--but the dealers order those because they are the easiest to sell, and they are the easiest to sell because they are what most people want.

I am just glad they offer red--and one of the best reds around, at that.

Next to Sig red:). I do love the new red and likely the way I'll go in a number of years when the next version of the Performance dual motor Model S comes out.

Many years ago I saw a show car in 'Electric Blue' and vowed when I could afford a cool car I'd try and get something close.
When I finally did it, this was what I got - my Cobalt Blue Porsche over blue leather. I added black Forgiato custom rims with blue accents.
Then I became aware of the Model S and ordered a red Sig that I loved. So the 911 is gone now.
If I could have ordered my D in either of those colours I would have in a heartbeat. Tesla really is missing the boat with their bland palette, one of my few complaints.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Was there an extra charge when requesting a custom color from the factory?
The last couple of people who spoke up with factory custom color declined to state how much they paid. Earlier there was someone who quoted $11k

- - - Updated - - -

There was. Something like $10,000 but can't remember exact charge.
Or maybe it was $10k :)
but somehow '11' stuck in my mind. I searched but my Google Foo wasn't good enough...

The last couple of people who spoke up with factory custom color declined to state how much they paid. Earlier there was someone who quoted $11k

- - - Updated - - -

Or maybe it was $10k :)
but somehow '11' stuck in my mind. I searched but my Google Foo wasn't good enough...

$11k is right if that's what you heard. It's such a rare option that wasn't discussed often. In the ballpark it sounds like at least.