Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My "Ramp Rats photo" of Shane and Penny.

Nice! The color match (I think?) and turbine wheel/prop connection is sharp looking! :)

- - - Updated - - -

And my baby's first charge:
IMG_20130624_135021_899.jpg

No fair! Your multi-coat Red is stunning to the point you're contaminating my interest in a blue w/ tan interior Model S. Now what do I do. :)
I almost went with the blue, it looks pretty good to me. But, there is no wrong choice. The car turns heads no matter what color. And the driving is 10X as important. My P85 is getting Xpel'd today and I'm sort of going through withdrawals...

My new Model S next to one of its color matched stable mates
Current: Tesla Model S 40/60, Nissan GTR (only slightly mod'd ), Mercedes SL55 AMG (Eurocharged), BMW X5 35D, Ferrari 360 Modena

Past: Mercedes CLS55 AMG (Eurocharged 600hp), Dodge Viper ACR, Corvette Z06, Toyota Supra Turbo MKIV, a whole bunch of Audis

Makes me wonder what I did wrong in my life - or what you do for a living. I mean even these current cars together cost more than a large sized house with grounds in a good area here :scared:

(And even if I did have money to waste - where would I put all these cars...)

On the other hand, with such an arsenal of power on your other cars, why didn't you go for a P85+ with the Model S?

Which is which? :biggrin:

Talk about a big difference in seat-mile operating costs!

No kidding. I get a lot of grief from friends about the airplane whenever I tell them how economical and green the MS is.
If I live long enough to see it, and my deteriorating hand/eye skill set holds up long enough to see an electric airplane that has adequate specs; I promise to buy one.
If it means anything, we fly pure charity flights for Lifeline Pilots, Veterans Airlift Command (VAC), and Angel Flight on a regular basis.

Here's a link to a news story about one of our Angel Flights for those interested.

Penny is the prettier one.

Penny is the 2010 Beechcraft KingAir C90GTx. The name is a reference to one of our favorite childhood TV shows; Sky King. Yes, we're old.:smile: Penny was Sky Kings niece. The series had a large influence on many Boomers choosing aviation careers.

Shane is my MS. I love Penny. I would have to give the nod to Shane on beauty, as well as technological achievement.

Al - the wheel T stickers look great!

Thanks Roger. I really like them too. I've had many favorable comments from folks who are familiar with the caps sans stickers!

No kidding. I get a lot of grief from friends about the airplane whenever I tell them how economical and green the MS is.
If I live long enough to see it, and my deteriorating hand/eye skill set holds up long enough to see an electric airplane that has adequate specs; I promise to buy one.
If it means anything, we fly pure charity flights for Lifeline Pilots, Veterans Airlift Command (VAC), and Angel Flight on a regular basis.

Here's a link to a news story about one of our Angel Flights for those interested.

Great work Al! You give 'group hugs' even with your flying which is amazing:smile:

Al, Penny and Shane are both splendid. I flew an E90 for a while and have a real soft spot for the King Air. I've now had my MS for four weeks and look forward to the 45 minute drive to work each morning. Sometimes I have the web-based Nexrad radar picture for my island chain on the touch screen so that I can anticipate how showers might influence my driving decisions that day. It's a delight to drive a radar-equipped Model S.

Looks like it's hooked up to the garden hose. :)

LOL No VFX that's at Disney World Fort Wilderness Campground. We went there after a trip to tampa and the Ft Wilderness Lodge was supposed to have me a place to charge near the valet area but the plugs they had were 110 - 10 amp and it wouldn't even start to charge. So the managers got together and put the car in its own campsite which is about 1/2 mile from the hotel, which was ok because the valet managers on every shift were the only people driving it and they didn't know about the energy display that can tattle tail on someone's driving, but they never got on it hard at all. Hopefully WDW will now get more active with the charging after that because they had 3 van loads of WDW executives and grounds people checking it out and asking questions about charging stations like ChargePoint, And others.