TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S range and interior update imminent?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Thorbjorn, Jul 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

Disagree. Sorry, but for travelling the rest of the possible 48 states, no way the Roadster could hold our stuff. Looks great, but I need more than a change of underwear for a 3 month trip.

2. whitex

whitex Active Member

They don't have to make it standard on base, they could package it for example as part of the "premium package". That would keep the base price low, yet have most people pay for it because they want heated seats, or upgraded audio, or power liftgate. Historically, ever since its introduction, the premium package was designed such that it contained at least one feature important to people. At first it was the power liftgate, now the sub-zero or UHF. The price of the premium package has also been going up (started at $3K, now $5K for S, $6K for X). Add EAP to it and make it $9,500 for the S, and they can claim they are actually discounting it, but it is doing exactly what the letter said, increase profit margins by bundling options.

• Like x 1
  3. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

#843 FlatSix911, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Glad to help WhiteX understand the difference between max power, battery vs. max power, motor... the truth will set you free :cool:

[​IMG]

• Disagree x 3
  4. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

But it can carry 4 people...according to "THE ELON"

5. whitex

whitex Active Member

#845 whitex, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Yea, we get it. You will defend Tesla using every way possible by interpreting their commitments in the most narrow way possible. Using your logic, FSD delivered in 4 billion years is still considered delivering what the customers paid for today. Tesla marketing has been getting better and better at the legal CYA. Now, how do you justify AP1 promise of "you'll be able to summon the car anywhere on private property" with "the car using the sensors to find its way wherever you are"? Are you one of those claiming it's still coming to AP1? In how many years?
    Link to Elon promising it here.

Defending Elon's promises is not a path to success - hence so many of his top people departing.

• Disagree x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

ca·ve·at emp·tor
    ˌkavēˌät ˈem(p)ˌtôr/
    noun
    1. the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.

• Disagree x 2
    • Love x 1
  7. whitex

whitex Active Member

logomachy
    1 : a dispute over or about words
    2 : a controversy marked by verbiage

Neither of these words appear anywhere on the Tesla communications, so I guess we're just playing "word of the day"?

8. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

I like your word better than mine!

Elon, please add these words to your contracts so we can stop polluting TMC with the battery gate, fabric gate, hp gate, AP gate, summon gate, sales gate, gate gate, etc...

• Funny x 1
  9. P85Dave

P85Dave Member

Logomachy!

That's what you used to dispel my position that the P85D generates the stated HP numbers when going down a really steep hill :D

• Funny x 1
  10. Navsarin

Navsarin S100D Red Rocket

I remember AP1 sales folk stating traffic light recognition was definitely around the corner and anticipate it within 6 months. This was Nov 2015.

11. P85Dave

P85Dave Member

#851 P85Dave, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Well, they said anticipate it. not expect it :D Looks like they absolutely delivered on the anticipation!

I anticipate all sorts of great things coming my way one day... I anticipate the day my AP1 P85D meets me at my front door as I warily leave my front door in the morning with a cup of coffee as I drive to the Tesla delivery center to take delivery of my FSD Tesla with the interior update, new 2170 battery architecture, and auto wipers that work at night :p

• Funny x 2
  12. Navsarin

Navsarin S100D Red Rocket

I think any court of law would consider the ‘spirit and intent’ of the message. Especially within the confines of a sale of a product.

In the end was I led to believe something which utter fiction? Yes. Was I supposed to do my due diligence and become an expert in self driving technology in order to verify their statement? No. It would be an unreasonable expectation for any consumer.

In the end, Tesla are masters of spinning fiction into fact. Am I happy nonetheless for my purchase
    ...damn straight!!

13. lunitiks

lunitiks ˭ ˭ ʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽ ʭ ʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼ ˭ ˭

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  14. kvandivo

kvandivo Member

If you're testing the new roasters acceleration you might need many changes of underwear.

• Funny x 2
  15. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

Read my lips; no battery cell change coming for S/X and no interior refresh. They flat out have said no now on the cell change and where they’re headed flat out makes a refresh not make sense.

Carry on.

16. whitex

whitex Active Member

No, I was using:

physics
    noun
    the branch of science concerned with the nature and properties of matter and energy. The subject matter of physics, distinguished from that of chemistry and biology, includes mechanics, heat, light and other radiation, sound, electricity, magnetism, and the structure of atoms.​

:p

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  17. AnxietyRanger

AnxietyRanger Well-Known Member

We can agree to disagree, I'm sure. IMO I expect an interior refresh and a battery cell change coming to Model S/X.

IMO what we don't know is when. The best I can do to summarize that here: Rumor summary: Blind-spot cameras, Rain sensing, Level 3, Big battery, Interior/HUD post #56

• Like x 1
  18. Matthew XC

Matthew XC Member

I just ordered mine and it's coming end of Feb early March..I think if the model S gets a refresh I'll be pretty bummed out to have just missed the mark by a few months.

19. Matthew XC

Matthew XC Member

20. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member