Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really really hope not. Would hate to bite on the interior redesign, only to be faked out and miss out on a range upgrade that came out just a little bit later. :mad:

Do it all at once. The Model S needs a significant boost to make it fully worth the cost premium over the Model 3 anyway.

Plus, there's premium competition coming... Porsche Mission E, Lucid Air, etc. Don't give 'em any daylight or breathing room.

But if you wait for the interior upgrade and then stick it out only for the battery upgrade then buy you'll Miss out on the New exterior redesign.

Always true with Tesla.

However, given an interior that's been unchanged for almost six years, a re-design would be significant. A 12/17 car looks inside like a 5/12 car. If a 3/18 car looked different, it would look six years newer, not three months newer.

That said, I know that I plan to pull the trigger on a 100 (or more) D before the EV credit begins phase-out. Wondering what the other big-regret items might prove to be. Ability to take advantage of faster Supercharging if/when it rolls out? What else, gang?

Always true with Tesla.

However, given an interior that's been unchanged for almost six years, a re-design would be significant. A 12/17 car looks inside like a 5/12 car. If a 3/18 car looked different, it would look six years newer, not three months newer.

That said, I know that I plan to pull the trigger on a 100 (or more) D before the EV credit begins phase-out. Wondering what the other big-regret items might prove to be. Ability to take advantage of faster Supercharging if/when it rolls out? What else, gang?

When do you think the internal refresh will happen? I am hoping in January - just in time for my car!

Always true with Tesla.

That's the interior, but if you pull the trigger 3/18 you're going to miss the battery cell upgrade 6/18, if you buy then you'll miss the exterior upgrade 9/18, AP 3.0 12/18, P120D 3/19, 120D 4/19, AP 3.5....HUD.... Massage seats.... Rear massage seats....AP drag race mode.... Nuclear Holocaust defense mode endorsed by Kim Jong Un

Last edited:
When do you think the internal refresh will happen? I am hoping in January - just in time for my car!
All signs point to the interior changeover happening in the April shutdown. So cars manufactured from mid-April onwards should have the new interior.

The battery changeover is harder to predict and I think will depend a lot on how the Model 3 ramps and whether there will be a surplus of cells in the gigafactory. I think V3 supercharging speeds will be tied to the new cells so for me it'd be a good reason to hold off til they make it into the Model S

Status
Not open for further replies.