Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the one you saw on the stage which Elon demonstrated how to break glass on. He also already commented since then they had to change dimensions and geometry of the cybertruck. What people put deposits on was a dream - maybe a place in line but only within your geographical area (as proven by Model 3 reservation holders in the past). What Audi showed off was a production version of the car, going to production right now, completely different than cybertruck concept.

While he initially said they would try to change the dimensions to roughly 3% smaller, he later went on to say that the proposed changes would make the truck too small and therefore the changes would be minimal.

But I do recommend Tesla to those with a reliable other option, whether that be another car or public transit.

We do have an extra car, it's been driven about three times in the last 6 months, just don't need it. Only drive it because it's not good to leave them sit! Our Tesla model S has over 220,000 miles on it. I'd say the dependability is okay.

Tesla needs now to announce the World's First 'Quad-motor EV' ...
That would require a time machine. Mercedes already sold their gull wing SL “e-Cell” with separate motor for each wheel many years ago. Rimac has done the same for their first car. Also, Rivian probably will get their quad motor pickup in production next year. Personally, I think three motors will be sufficient for my “needs.”
GSP

Actually, Porsche produced the first Quad Motor all-wheel-drive hybrid electric vehicle from 1900 to 1906.

Lohner-Porsche - Wikipedia

1901 Lohner-Porsche Phaeton | Classic | SuperCars.net

The Lohner-Porsche Mixed Hybrid (sometimes wrongly referred to as Löhner-Porsche) was the first hybrid vehicle and was developed by Ferdinand Porsche at Lohner-Werke. The first prototypes were two-wheel drive, battery-powered electric vehicles with two front-wheel hub-mounted motors. A later version was a series hybrid using hub-mounted electric motors in each wheel, powered by batteries and a gasoline-engine generator.

1280px-Lohner_Porsche.jpg

Last edited:
So you think that the people who paid Tesla $250,000 for a Founders Edition Roadster, some of them years ago, are happy with their interest free loan to the company? Everyone that I know with that sum to drop on a car has a very acute understanding of the time value of money.
And more than enough of it to not give two squirts about dropping a quarter mil on something they “want”, economics be damned.

• Disagree
Reactions: electricar
So you think that the people who paid Tesla $250,000 for a Founders Edition Roadster, some of them years ago, are happy with their interest free loan to the company? Everyone that I know with that sum to drop on a car has a very acute understanding of the time value of money.
I doubt they’re happy, but most spending 1/4 million on a deposit for a car can hopefully afford the opportunity cost.

And more than enough of it to not give two squirts about dropping a quarter mil on something they “want”, economics be damned.

There is never more than enough. I would think most deposit holders, had they known the priority Tesla put on actually building the car ( slo-mo Elon time ), would have been happier dropping the quarter mil on Tesla stock. That is why they have two squirts in the first place and had they done that they would have many more squirts now.

• Funny
Reactions: alloverx and ucmndd
There is never more than enough. I would think most deposit holders, had they known the priority Tesla put on actually building the car ( slo-mo Elon time ), would have been happier dropping the quarter mil on Tesla stock. That is why they have two squirts in the first place and had they done that they would have many more squirts now.

Yes, buying a new car, particularly one that costs as much as the average house, is almost never a sound financial decision. It’s an emotional one.

Anybody who casually dropped a quarter mil without fully understanding the chronic tardiness of Tesla has been living in an alternate universe. Plus I’m sure Tesla will give you your money back whenever you want.

Not the one you saw on the stage which Elon demonstrated how to break glass on. He also already commented since then they had to change dimensions and geometry of the cybertruck. What people put deposits on was a dream - maybe a place in line but only within your geographical area (as proven by Model 3 reservation holders in the past). What Audi showed off was a production version of the car, going to production right now, completely different than cybertruck concept.
Tesla changed all of their cars from the prototypes shown at their releases to the cars that were shipped. None of them were significantly changed and the Cybertruck will be no different.

Reactions: SmartElectric
Tesla changed all of their cars from the prototypes shown at their releases to the cars that were shipped. None of them were significantly changed and the Cybertruck will be no different.
From the outside maybe, insides are still being designed. This is Tesla, if it was manufacturing ready already they'd be making them. Which one do you think will deliver to customers first, tri-motor Cybertruck or tri-motor Audi eTron S?

From the outside maybe, insides are still being designed. This is Tesla, if it was manufacturing ready already they'd be making them. Which one do you think will deliver to customers first, tri-motor Cybertruck or tri-motor Audi eTron S?

Teslas have never been manufacturing ready when they go into production - final engineering like the Model Y light oak tie down for the LCC occurs on the line or at the SC.

Reactions: ucmndd
Plaid S delivery date late 2021? Gimme a break, I was counting on IMMINENT. Probably even Cybertruck will come out earlier. Pass.

PS. Urban dictionary seems to be bit on the fence on the meaning of the word imminent.
Yeah, I thought it would be sooner as well. Although CT is still 2+ years out. Sounds like they need the new battery cell to get the price and performance and it will take time to get that cell manufacturing up and running.

I'm astounded that the Plaid S is that far off. It's seems they've almost got too much going on. The Roadster delay is just not fair however I guess it's buyer (depositor) beware.
Either way, I really think they've done themselves a huge disservice with the delay introduction for this battery tech (or announced it too early), sales will surely cop a hit whilst people wait this out. You're basically looking at 3/Y sales for the next 18 months.

Reactions: electricar
I'm astounded that the Plaid S is that far off. It's seems they've almost got too much going on. The Roadster delay is just not fair however I guess it's buyer (depositor) beware.
Either way, I really think they've done themselves a huge disservice with the delay introduction for this battery tech (or announced it too early), sales will surely cop a hit whilst people wait this out. You're basically looking at 3/Y sales for the next 18 months.
Yeah. We were hoping Plaid would be 4th quarter 2020 instead of Q4 2021. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.