Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Lloyd - I think he meant that he "sold" a family member on getting a reservation.

Regarding the ebay...
The pattern seems to be:
1. make a reservation
2. when the number comes up, create an ebay post offering to sell the final vehicle
[presumably...]
3. when the auction is "won", the (Ebay) buyer tells the (EBay) seller what configuration he or she wants
4. (Ebay) seller takes delivery and immediately transfers the title to (Ebay) buyer
I believe this (or any) transfer after purchase forfeits the tax rebate.

P01364 delivered 12/1/12
P01364 delivered 12/1/12
Only green known in So Cal, but after finally seeing it in person, I suspect the popularity will increase!
P85, silver 21 wheels, removed the carbon fiber rear wing, twin rechargers.

Tan interior with obeche wood gloss, tech package.

----

1364th Model S delivery reported on dec.1st

15428 reserved last night. Dec 6...

I convinced my uncle to reserve!

Compared to 15119 on the evening of the 1st. ~62 U.S. reservations per day in the U.S. for the five days from the evening of the 1st to the evening of the 6th. Clearly seems to have slowed down compared to the end of November. But that still represents a U.S. reservation rate of ~22,600/year.

Tesla still has a lot of retail stores to open, and five months from now there will be 10 times as many cars on the road and 10 times as many owners telling their friends what their impressions of the car are.

Oh, and the U.S. represents perhaps only a quarter of the global market for luxury cars, while also being a clear trendsetter in global popular culture.

But even setting aside the possibility that Tesla might capture a slice of the global market commesurate with the one they are carving out in the U.S., at current rates Tesla will need to push production to ~500 cars per week just to meet existing demand. With a 15,000 car wait list, a 600 car/week production rate would take almost 3 years to whittle that down to zero (assuming constant global demand of ~26,000/year).

Personally, considering where Tesla is, and where they might go, I'd be looking hard at the investments necessary to double the current production goal of 400 cars per week.

15,527 ordered Saturday afternoon, December 8 in Menlo Park.
Since I am not in need of a car, I am OK to wait.....but I came so close to ordering below 2000, then at 8000 and now that I have finally done it - it is at 15,527!

I have wanted to do this for 3 years but always stopped short of doing so because I have never been a 'big sedan' kind of guy. The car is so impressive however that I am willing to change!

They advised me of an approx. 8 month wait. That seems optimistic but time will tell.....

Tesla Model S Reservations Open In U.K.

So, what are the UK numbers from michiganmodels's tally in the first post on this thread?!

I'm not sure what that article is on about as I'm 99.9% sure UK reservations have been open for ages. At least the £4k and £30k or whatever it is reservation prices have been on there for ages etc. And like you say, there are already tally information in this thread.

I've given up commenting on GreenCarReports articles to correct mistakes. Too little time... :rolleyes:

Thanks Lyon, I originally had Res #5161 but traded it for X1436. Not being convinced either way of S vs. X I decided to get another S reservation of 15580. I went on a 20 minute test drive a couple days ago (my second test drive) and found it to be even more exciting than the first. I'm not a car guy but this vehicle is making me one. I'm all in TSLA! :smile: