Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mercurynews August 3rd, 2011

Tesla said Wednesday that more than 5,600 people have paid a $5,000 reservation fee to reserve the Model S, and that the pace of reservations has picked up in recent months.

Here's what the development looks like:
Model S Res.jpg

Last edited:

Nice find! Check this out!

Musk said:
Musk also announced plans for a big open house to showcase the Model S at its Fremont factory Oct. 1. Existing Tesla customers, including the more than 5,600 who have reserved a Model S, will be able to see beta versions of the car. They won't be able to drive the Model S yet themselves, but some will be taken for short drives on Tesla's test track.

Awesome! How many of you will be flying out here?! I live nearby and would love to sync up with you all and check out the Betas!

Nice find! Check this out!

Musk said:
They won't be able to drive the Model S yet themselves, but some will be taken for short drives on Tesla's test track.

Awesome! How many of you will be flying out here?! I live nearby and would love to sync up with you all and check out the Betas!

I would fly out if I could be guaranteed a ride in a Model S. :biggrin:

Doubt if I would fly just to see a Beta, but would hope that I can rely on everyone else here to post pics. :wink:

Very interesting news. Being down here in Los Angeles, I suspect a flight up to San Jose airport wouldn't be too costly. Alternatively, my wife and I could drive the ol' ICE car up there. I wonder if we could both con our way into two rides since we have two reservations. :tongue: Either way, I'm fairly certain I'm in.

Just put down my deposit today in S FL. Don't have my number yet; will post when I do. Welcome to the club!
Congrats! I'm..waffling now on my purchase :(. I could pay off 35% of my house with what the 300 mile Model S will cost. It's not like I need a new car since my 2004 RX8 only has something like 45k miles. Take into account the interest I'd save on my home loan and I'm starting to have a hard time seeing this as a reasonable purchase. I suppose I have the better part of a year to think about it though.

Congrats! I'm..waffling now on my purchase :(. I could pay off 35% of my house with what the 300 mile Model S will cost. It's not like I need a new car since my 2004 RX8 only has something like 45k miles. Take into account the interest I'd save on my home loan and I'm starting to have a hard time seeing this as a reasonable purchase. I suppose I have the better part of a year to think about it though.

I can understand, ckessel. Buying a new car (if you have a working, reliable one already) is never a sound financial decision (unless one really has money to throw around) and is purely an emotion-driven one - with the Model S, I'm going to be replacing a 2004 Acura TL that's solid enough to last another decade easily without a problem! For me, the 160 mile range might be good enough and with the $7.5K federal and $5K California rebates, the 160-mile Model S is less of a financial misstep personally than otherwise. Good luck with your decision!

Gone.
It's $2,500 next year.

Next year as in right now. It wasn't tied to a calendar year. Basically some thousands of Leaf deliveries in California ate up the last of the $5K credits until the original fund ran out and the next phase ($2500) was activated with new funding.

Next year as in right now. It wasn't tied to a calendar year. Basically some thousands of Leaf deliveries in California ate up the last of the $5K credits until the original fund ran out and the next phase ($2500) was activated with new funding.

Aargh! :( With the budget mess that CA is in, I don't think there's much of a chance of this getting better. Props to GA!