Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Sunshine State does almost nothing for EV owners - oh, we can use the HOV lanes....shame they are almost non-existent in Florida. And Sunshine State solar/PV incentives?...you guessed it - nada! :redface:
I'd say you're lucky to live in FL (from a taxation perspective); no state income tax or ad valorem. My ordinary income is taxed at 6%, 8% sales tax and around $1,200 a year in vehicle ad valorem tax for the privilege to own a vehicle in the state. Tesla owners get whacked on ad valorum due to the value of the car.

I'd say you're lucky to live in FL (from a taxation perspective); no state income tax or ad valorem. My ordinary income is taxed at 6%, 8% sales tax and around $1,200 a year in vehicle ad valorem tax for the privilege to own a vehicle in the state. Tesla owners get whacked on ad valorum due to the value of the car.

Oh but we DO have an "Ad Valorem"....on every single house/condo/land parcel. Some guy comes round, looks at your house and lot from his car and then assesses a value that you get taxed on. No matter what my income, I have to pay >$20,000 a year in property taxes, not because we live in a mansion but because we live in a medium size house but it's on the water so it's valued high. Then we have a 6% State Sales Tax and a 1% County Sales Tax. Truth is, we all have to pay something but don't let anyone kid you that life in FL is better than anywhere else (except for the sunshine!:cool:)

We don't want to get too far afield here, but every state gets you one way or another. It's not like some state secretly finds the magic to fund schools, roads, etc, at some greatly reduced price compared to any other state. The relative total tax burdens aren't going to vary dramatically.

Now, if you look at the narrow scope of a car purchase, particularly an EV purchase with rebates, it could vary quite a bit. In Oregon, there's no sales tax or other fee related to the car purchase, so it works out well. The rebate is lame ($1500, I think), but better than zero.

I was told today that they've sold 120 Canadian Signatures, so there are only 80 left. I also met reservation holder Canadian S80.

It was also confirmed to me that there are four Model S lists in Canada - as there is in the USA. That is, Production (P), Roadster Friends and Family (R), Signature (S), and Special Signature (signatures for Roadster friends and family).

@Larry - welcome aboard. I keep this Tally on both forums. Out of curiosity: did you reserve with the sole intention of attending the October 1st event, or do you plan on purchasing/leasing regardless? I ask because there has been a substantial increase in reservations over the last week, presumably due to the October 1st announcement.

@Larry - welcome aboard. I keep this Tally on both forums. Out of curiosity: did you reserve with the sole intention of attending the October 1st event, or do you plan on purchasing/leasing regardless? I ask because there has been a substantial increase in reservations over the last week, presumably due to the October 1st announcement.

Hi,

Thanks for the greeting and for your efforts on both forums.

Although I was aware of the invitation, I planned on purchasing regardless. However, I have to admit that the tour did have a slight influence on the timing of placing my reservation. I suspected there would be an influx of reservations between now and the tour and I wanted to get in line ahead of that. Unfortunately my wife and I have a scheduling conflict so we won't be able to make it to Fremont, CA on October 1st.

Larry

@michiganmodels; I don't know the numbers from the last few stops of the Model S prototype but it seemed like there were around 10-12 reservations made on the spot in Sarasota alone and I guess there were more people who signed up at home. I'm guessing it was just as busy in Miami and Orlando.