Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just made my reservation today (5/19) in the DC store. I've been following Tesla since I had a chance to drive a Roadster back in 2008, finally decided I couldn't wait any longer. Delivery expected sometime in 2Q 2013...

P8953 - looks like the US count is up about 200 in the last 10 days, I wanted to make sure I got in ahead of what I suspect will be a big rush next month once the deliveries start...

I also put my reservation in at the DC store on 5/19. I guess I got there a littler earlier than you though...#8946. It's nice to know that there will be other Model S owners in the area.

I know nothing about car sales. 0.5% conversion - is that good? Even if 2000 were already res holders, the number only goes up to 0.6%.

I don't know either but I guess it's not bad. Some of those people may have just been walking buy. I'd imagine most of the people came there to see the cars but aren't like some of us (willing to shell out money without getting to drive the car). Others may have gone home and done the reservation online so they might not get counted. It's about the same rate of return that SPAM gets I hear:smile:

I know nothing about car sales. 0.5% conversion - is that good? Even if 2000 were already res holders, the number only goes up to 0.6%.

I wouldn't make much of the conversion rate. Right now Tesla needs exposure, it needs foot traffic. It needs to start building the desire for BlueStar so that the market is there for it when it is ready. Even if 0% of the 9000 people that showed up reserved one, the fact that 9000 showed up to see it makes it a success.

I think with Retail store locations there are always the window shoppers, kids who want to see the car coupled with parents who might want to kill some time, and people who just like cars. Any time a car company can sell a car (in this case a reservation) with no test drive, i think it is a victory! To your point tho, it will be interesting to see when they can offer test drives and how many people put down reservations after a test drive.

In addition to no test drive, the almost year-long wait for would-be new reservation holders is also a deterrent.

New reservation holders will get test drives. The first 400 or so Signature holders are probably the only people who won't have the ability at least to test drive before they have to lock in their order. Others may technically have the chance to test drive, it's just if they have the time to travel to a Tesla store or go to one of the test drive events before they have to lock in their order.

New reservation holders will get test drives. The first 400 or so Signature holders are probably the only people who won't have the ability at least to test drive before they have to lock in their order. Others may technically have the chance to test drive, it's just if they have the time to travel to a Tesla store or go to one of the test drive events before they have to lock in their order.

I wasn't implying those people wouldn't get test drives ever...just that they wouldn't get them before putting down a reservation at Fashion Island.

Also, the $5k hurts the rate too. Actually half a percent doesn't sound that bad!