Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasn't implying those people wouldn't get test drives ever...just that they wouldn't get them before putting down a reservation at Fashion Island.

Also, the $5k hurts the rate too. Actually half a percent doesn't sound that bad!

Ah, sorry. Misread that I guess. I was assuming that since they could get a full refund that putting their deposit down was a place holder until they could get a test drive.
Yes, $5k does mean you're much more serious about it than the much smaller Leaf reservation they had at the time.

If you can get 1 in 200 to drop $5000 on a car that's a year away and you can't test drive that day, I think that's doing pretty well.

I would say that this is a "movement" of sorts. People willing to give up $5,000 just like that for what is right now no more than just a promise really do represent the edge of the envelope. This is by no means a done deal, but I think there are a lot of people who have faith in this concept and want it to succeed. It's really pretty exciting.

Hello All!

I was at the White Plains NY Event on Friday 5/25 (opening day - in there afternoon) and put my deposit down!

I'm #9094

They were great - spent about an hour in the car and 2 hours total there.... Going to be a long year waiting!

Aaron

My friend and I went to check out the Model S beta when it was in town and he was getting pretty anxious, so he upgraded to the (Canadian) Signature - he got his number today - 132.
*heh* I've been tempted to do that to get a bit of a bump towards the front of the queue - I'm P135 and am getting a bit concerned it won't show up until the dead of winter. Nothing like a shiny new car to drive around in Edmonton's snow and grit... :mad: