Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just about had it with the naysayers. If you are trying to change the playing field, you don't follow conventional rules. That is called innovation, not stagnation! Still burning from the sting of the oil embargo of the 70's. I've made this a personal quest to do what my government refuses to do. When I take delivery, I will have planted my feet very firmly on the ground and will not be moved.

Am I the only one curious to know what is the last known VIN number delivered? Or am I in the wrong thread?

I'm interested too, but I suspect it's only VIN 10 and they're holding off a bit on delivering more (maybe making store cars?). BTW, I got a call Thursday to reconfirm my config so seems they were getting close. My official ETA is 8/15.

Because the numbers will never be good enough.

Absolutely. I also took issue with how easily the author let Fiskar and Coda off the hook by saying that they don't have to do so because they're private companies. He's acknowledged that Tesla is complying with it's obligations as a publicly traded company but argues that they need to release the numbers to be considered a "grown-up" car company (whatever that means). So, if the point is to prove that one is a grown-up car company by not being afraid to release sales figures, why not go after the other two? After all, they've been delivering cars longer.

You know what I think happened? The blogger (not a journalist) calls Tesla and asks for their sales data, he identifies himself as a journalist. Tesla rep. tells him that they're not going to give him what he wants so he pouts, stomps his foot, and runs off to his computer to publish some FUD.

These guys suck at covering electric cars. I tried to point out that they had more negative coverage than positive coverage of EVs, and they became defensive, stating that they were not cheerleaders for the EV industry. I gave up on them.

They don't get that we don't expect or want them to be cheerleaders, all we want is non-biased coverage. I really don't understand where the animosity for EVs comes from! Why should the anti-EV folks care what we want to drive? Yes, there are tax breaks but those don't even come close to the subsidies that the oil companies get.

To me, the negative press indicates that people with vested interets in ICEs see the Model S as a threat (and they should) which is a really good sign, IMO. You don't see as much bad press about the other pure EVs on the market because, with their limited ranges, they're really not all that threatening. The Model S could be the game-changer and the bloodsucking oil companies just can't do nothing, right?

What a ridiculous article. They JUST delivered the first cars and are slowly ramping production. What possible useful information would sales data provide right now?

Per his most recent comment, he actually seems to have issues with Tesla being in California instead of Detroit. In 2011, he wrote a two-page article complaining about that :

As for California, it remains a pricey, unfriendly, and arguably stupid place to build cars:
Why Silicon Valley Won't Be Detroit For Green Carmakers

(I suppose this might end up in "anti-Tesla FUD")

Given that there is still a ton of FUD and naysaying surrounding the Prius after sixteen years of production, I'd say that it's going to be with the Tesla for a long time too. However, my expectation is that Tesla will do to the car industry what radial tires did to the tire industry.