Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What would be expected delivery date with an order placed today? With the 11,874 just reserved above, when approximately would the delivery be? I'm trying coordinate timing when I turn my current car in for lease next year. Thanks!

Just a guess but I'd say around May next year. Welcome. When you reserve, Tesla will give you an estimated delivery date.

If you want to update the tally, I just cancelled my Model S reservation (#8661) :crying:

After running the numbers again and again, the service fee pushed this car just a little bit out of my price range. I was already reaching to buy even the 40 kWh Model S, and the fee, combined with the fact that I drive 20,000 miles a year, and the closest service center being built is just out of battery range for the 40 from my house (mandating that I also pay for ranger service), the total cost of ownership is simply a bigger reach than I can afford. I guess the dream of owning a Model S is dead for me :crying:

I am currently weighing options of either trying to make my 10 year old Pontiac last another 3 years so that I can get in line for Gen III, leasing something for 3 years so I can get in line for Gen III, or simply giving up on my dream of owning a Tesla all together.

Don't worry, I will still hang out in the TMC forum (you all are not getting rid of me that easy) :)

Sorry to hear that Rifleman! Hopefully you can drive something cheaply for the next few years until you can get a nicely loaded Gen III. :)

If you want to update the tally, I just cancelled my Model S reservation (#8661) :crying:

After running the numbers again and again, the service fee pushed this car just a little bit out of my price range. I was already reaching to buy even the 40 kWh Model S, and the fee, combined with the fact that I drive 20,000 miles a year, and the closest service center being built is just out of battery range for the 40 from my house (mandating that I also pay for ranger service), the total cost of ownership is simply a bigger reach than I can afford. I guess the dream of owning a Model S is dead for me :crying:

I am currently weighing options of either trying to make my 10 year old Pontiac last another 3 years so that I can get in line for Gen III, leasing something for 3 years so I can get in line for Gen III, or simply giving up on my dream of owning a Tesla all together.

Don't worry, I will still hang out in the TMC forum (you all are not getting rid of me that easy) :)