Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. I reserved back in Oct 2010.. I knew about the Roadster Friends and Family (R) reservations before I reserved (thanks to TMC and other forums). That privilege makes sense to me.

I don't think there are that many R's, no big deal. Its Tesla taking care of their early adopters (Roadster owners), which, without them Tesla may not be here today selling us the awesome Model S. So to all the Roadster owners out there I say "THANK YOU"!!

Maybe for the Gen III model, they will give Model S owners the same privilege. Maybe not. But its nice to know Tesla is willing to reward those that support them.

I am General Production 13159 today (Oct 27, 2012) at Paramus, NJ (Garden State Plaza) Store.
Welcome!

model s reservations.PNG

Welcome to the forum! Great first post. You might share a bit of information - how did you come across Tesla, what made you place your reservation? Otherwise the spreadsheet freaks here will just abuse you as another data point :biggrin:

Thanks, a nice welcome indeed. Well to keep it simple, I've been looking to purchase a performance car for years starting with an M5 many years ago. Marraige, a family, and a new home put that on hold. Fast foward many years and I got interested in the Fisker Karma, I did have a deposit down on one and saw the famous/infamous video review that turned me off pretty quickly. A buddy of mine flew out to a Tesla event and that got me into looking into the company, technology, and the car. The car is amazing in many ways, as I'm sure most of you will probably agree.

The reservation was a way to make a slightly physical, and more importantly, psychological commitment to the promise of an EV future. Glad to be part of the club.

G

With the Performance package, will you be subject to excessive horsepower tax?
With todays regulations no. That is the fun thing about electric vehicles in Norway. They don have extra taxes for horsepower and weight that all ICE-vehicles have. Which again makes the model s maybe a third of the price of lets say a M5 here in Norway.

So I'm crossing my fingers that the politicians wont change the regulations here until I get my car:) price would as mentioned at least triple if they did.

Models S will still be an expensive car, but compared to other cars with similar performance its a bargain:)

With the Performance package, will you be subject to excessive horsepower tax?

All EVs (not hybrids like the Volt or Karma) are exempt of all registration tax in Norway. We don't even pay sales tax (normally 25%) on EVs.

:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

With todays regulations no. That is the fun thing about electric vehicles in Norway. They don have extra taxes for horsepower and weight that all ICE-vehicles have. Which again makes the model s maybe a third of the price of lets say a M5 here in Norway.

So I'm crossing my fingers that the politicians wont change the regulations here until I get my car:) price would as mentioned at least triple if they did.

Actually it would only double as the 0g of CO2 leads to a large credit in that part of the tax. So it would still be much cheaper than the M5 but that wouldn't help sales much. I'm not sure if they sell any new M5s at all here. Maybe a couple per year ?