Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But they also got crazy residential electricity rates out there. Like 20 euro-cents plus... More then $0.26 on average per kWh. That dose not help EV much...

Well, not all of Europe. I paid ~12 cents per kWh last year here in Norway. No TOU, no demand charges. So far this year the price has been 13,5 cents but electricity is always more expensive in winter here.

Last report was 30 days ago at 2891. So 253 in one month. Wait until they begin European deliveries, I don't think the Model S will have a problem with sales for next year too. Even with the extra production I think we'll be sold out of this year in another month or two.

Momentum is picking up. They went from 3077 to 3144 in 6 days, or about 11-12 a day. Way up from early march numbers of about 6-7 cars a day.
Can`t wait to see what the numbers`ll be when cars start to hit the street in july :)

Tesla just screwed me. I confirmed my 40KW model in Dec. 2012. They called me in March and told me the production will begin at the end of March. Now they cancel this configuration for lack of demand. I wonder it is lack of demand or lack of profit. Does anybody know?

Tesla just screwed me. I confirmed my 40KW model in Dec. 2012. They called me in March and told me the production will begin at the end of March. Now they cancel this configuration for lack of demand. I wonder it is lack of demand or lack of profit. Does anybody know?

You seem to be misinformed. You just got an awesome deal. You got a 40kwh Model S that is faster and will last longer than you bargained for for the same price. Also, you got a car that will retain it's value better than any other Model S because it can be upgraded to a 60kwh with just some software. You've also got the potential for Supercharger access.

Check out the other threads on these forums about this announcement. Believe me, you should be ecstatic.

Yeah, you got a good deal. If they offered that as an option fr 60KW----> 85KW I would have ordered it. Just like with hard disc storage on devices, people tend to buy larger than they need. This way you get to try living with 40KW, but can upgrade if you need more.

Read what Citizen-T and cdabel posted. If you're still not convinced you're getting a good deal, there are some forum members that are likely interested in working out a deal with you -- because the "40 kWh offering" (or whatever we call it now) just got significantly sweeter.