TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by dsm363, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

That's a great idea!

I'll be sure to do that as well.

2. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

Great idea! With so many profiles, can just devote a few to parked mode for the various drivers.

Thanks!

3. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX;S90D;XP100D;3LR

I came up with my own "Easy Entry" profile the first day after the firmware update loaded. Trouble is, my track record for remembering to set it before I exit the car is only about 50/50. You young whippersnappers wouldn't understand.

I need a profile that's triggered automatically when the car is put in Park and/or I open the driver's door. That profile should include raising the suspension height, as well.

4. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

^^this. +1

5. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

just amazing that with each update new features are added, and somehow customers invent new possibilities for the car that can be added to improve comfort
    and this can be implimented by just a new update

you just have to love remote updates
    this car just keeps getting better without leaving the house

6. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

It surprised me that the next software iteration doesn't include delayed/timed charging. This feature is the most glaring omission in the software that remains.

7. Jeeps17

Jeeps17 Cath Jockey in a P85

That, and IMHO guide lines on the backup camera.

8. contaygious

contaygious Active Member

Well we don't know everything in it just that auto extending handles are probably included :)

9. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I looks like a lot of things people are asking for are slowing coming out so hopefully just a matter of time. Why the delayed charging feature wasn't implemented from the start is interesting but I would have to believe it will be here eventually.

10. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Unfortunately, where I am, there is no benefit to off peak charging. In fact, it's more expensive.

11. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Has anyone confirmed it doesn't? GeorgeB said he's testing a beta version and listed some things in there, could have been an inclusive list or maybe not?

12. patp

patp Member

Exactly, George never mentioned all the features of the new software. I'm pretty sure there's more.

13. Bradleybang

Bradleybang Member

How about with voice control... When driver door is opened after a 15 minute shutdown and lock it automatically asks "who is driving?" as you are about to enter and sets controls to the driver settings upon name you give.

14. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Quick note on voice control:
    Apparently my Windows Phone has text-to-speech for reading text messages and the UI for interacting with it is voice control. In my Model S, it worked over bluetooth flawlessly -- both the TTS and the VC. Even with Tess telling me "turn left here" at an inopportune time.

15. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Another lover of dictation on the windows phone here. I know elon said the s would be able to read and allow you to compose messages via voice, but until that comes, WP does exactly that.

16. jcadman22

jcadman22 Tesla Owners Club Mid Atlantic

Do the user profiles come with the Tech Package or the memory seats? Is this an option with the textile seats that don't have memory settings?

17. dsm363

18. DaveVa

DaveVa Sig Perf #236 VIN #484

It is curious that some bugs that I saw when I first got my Model S seem to have disappeared. The most obvious is the pixelation on the driver/speedometer display. It was happening often, now seems to be gone. There is also a report of slightly changed charging behaviour when plugged in over a multiple day period.

Tesla may be installing "minor" fixes in the background and using the realease/install process only for major releases with change UI behaviour. Has anyone else noticed similar "silent" fixes?

19. dsm363

I guess that's possible but not sure how to verify that since the software version stays the same. I've noticed less problems with the pixelation but then again I've only seen it a few times so maybe it just hasn't happened again yet.

20. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

Is there a fix for this issue? I have the latest sw version and the Homelink selection is hidden behind the backup camera. I can confirm that it does not use GPS to place the selections accordingly.