Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do the "auto" adjusting steering wheel via driver profiles. I have one called "Parked" which I select immediately on parking. Works pretty well, and I have not yet forgotten to do it. Passengers are always amazed at how well the driver profiles were implemented.

There is a simple work-around you can do to reposition the steering wheel and seat for easy exit and subsequent entry: Create a driver in the memory settings called "Exit" and memorize the settings with the steering wheel fully raised and retracted, and with the seat base slid all the way back. When you get back in the car, simply change to your own personal memorized settings. Unfortunately, the two keys will not activate separate memory settings. You have to call them up yourself on the center display.

That's a great idea!

I'll be sure to do that as well.

I do the "auto" adjusting steering wheel via driver profiles. I have one called "Parked" which I select immediately on parking. Works pretty well, and I have not yet forgotten to do it. Passengers are always amazed at how well the driver profiles were implemented.
Great idea! With so many profiles, can just devote a few to parked mode for the various drivers.

Thanks!

I came up with my own "Easy Entry" profile the first day after the firmware update loaded. Trouble is, my track record for remembering to set it before I exit the car is only about 50/50. You young whippersnappers wouldn't understand.

I need a profile that's triggered automatically when the car is put in Park and/or I open the driver's door. That profile should include raising the suspension height, as well.

just amazing that with each update new features are added, and somehow customers invent new possibilities for the car that can be added to improve comfort
and this can be implimented by just a new update

you just have to love remote updates
this car just keeps getting better without leaving the house

I looks like a lot of things people are asking for are slowing coming out so hopefully just a matter of time. Why the delayed charging feature wasn't implemented from the start is interesting but I would have to believe it will be here eventually.

Quick note on voice control:
Apparently my Windows Phone has text-to-speech for reading text messages and the UI for interacting with it is voice control. In my Model S, it worked over bluetooth flawlessly -- both the TTS and the VC. Even with Tess telling me "turn left here" at an inopportune time.

Another lover of dictation on the windows phone here. I know elon said the s would be able to read and allow you to compose messages via voice, but until that comes, WP does exactly that.

I came up with my own "Easy Entry" profile the first day after the firmware update loaded. Trouble is, my track record for remembering to set it before I exit the car is only about 50/50. You young whippersnappers wouldn't understand.

Do the user profiles come with the Tech Package or the memory seats? Is this an option with the textile seats that don't have memory settings?

It is curious that some bugs that I saw when I first got my Model S seem to have disappeared. The most obvious is the pixelation on the driver/speedometer display. It was happening often, now seems to be gone. There is also a report of slightly changed charging behaviour when plugged in over a multiple day period.

Tesla may be installing "minor" fixes in the background and using the realease/install process only for major releases with change UI behaviour. Has anyone else noticed similar "silent" fixes?

It is curious that some bugs that I saw when I first got my Model S seem to have disappeared. The most obvious is the pixelation on the driver/speedometer display. It was happening often, now seems to be gone. There is also a report of slightly changed charging behaviour when plugged in over a multiple day period.

Tesla may be installing "minor" fixes in the background and using the realease/install process only for major releases with change UI behaviour. Has anyone else noticed similar "silent" fixes?

I guess that's possible but not sure how to verify that since the software version stays the same. I've noticed less problems with the pixelation but then again I've only seen it a few times so maybe it just hasn't happened again yet.

Oh, I thought in the prior version the image covered the entire top of the screen blocking the top bar but I may be remembering that incorrectly. It appears it may be using GPS to pick the correct Homelink now because 'work' no longer shows up. Is this better than what was there before?
View attachment 11011

Is there a fix for this issue? I have the latest sw version and the Homelink selection is hidden behind the backup camera. I can confirm that it does not use GPS to place the selections accordingly.