Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Handles are way cool. As you approach they now automatically extend.

New Features...
Vehicle Sleep
App Launcher
Voice Commands

New Controls/Settings...
Auto-Presenting Door Handles
Alarm
Metric Distance Unit
Range Driving Mode

Enhancements...
Synchronized Door Handles
USB Media Browsing
Alphabetic Index
Callling from Maps
Steering Wheel Controls - Fan Speed & Sunroof
HomeLink - Location Awareness
Energy App
Throttle Response

Looks like a great weekend.

Thank you Tesla for all your hard work!

Still no download waiting on my Model S - Hopefully will get it soon, so I can play with new features this weekend!

Handles are way cool. As you approach they now automatically extend.

New Features...
Vehicle Sleep
App Launcher
Voice Commands

New Controls/Settings...
Auto-Presenting Door Handles
Alarm
Metric Distance Unit
Range Driving Mode

Enhancements...
Synchronized Door Handles
USB Media Browsing
Alphabetic Index
Callling from Maps
Steering Wheel Controls - Fan Speed & Sunroof
HomeLink - Location Awareness
Energy App
Throttle Response

Looks like a great weekend.

Thank you Tesla for all your hard work!

WOW !!! So many new features with just ONE update??!!!

1 YEAR from here, this technological marvel will be MUCH better and a different CAR than today. That probably means that TESLA will again win COY 2014 awards again ... :)

Sly

sounds like a very exciting update.. now where's my dang car?? lol.

question, where is the thread that lists the fw update history with features added/changed? i can never find that.. shouldn't it be a sticky? don't know who maintains.. is there an official tm page for it?

thanks.

Does anyone know what order or methodology is used when sending out the SW updates?

My Model S is garaged in a "fringe" of ATT's cell towers such that I have ZERO 3G and very little Edge connectivity so I'm concerned that I will miss the notice. Is there a point where one can say "I should have been contacted and haven't so should call Tesla support?"

cheers

If I just tap/tap my Homelink entry, my garage stops halfway up (it sends the signal too long). If I tap/tap/tap (HL/entry/HL), then my garage opens perfectly. I don't know how to game it like this when it's proximity "auto tap/tap".

This might be important for Tesla engineering to know. It sounds like you expect "tap/tap" to already do that, and engineering might not know that "tap/tap/tap" does something different which solves that problem. Once they incorporate that solution into "tap/tap", it should then also solve the "auto tap/tap".

I guess the cat's out of the bag. The update is HUGE. Remember my 40 minute update video? Yeah, give this one 1.5 hours at least. I actually panicked and thought I bricked it and called my service manager :smile: (sorry Mat!)
I'll of course cover the new stuff in a video shortly :smile:

And to whet appetite with a blurry screen shot of the summary...
IMAG0219.jpg

So far is great. Door handles working without a flaw. Like the new right scroll wheel UI (can control sunroof, fan speed, etc). Car was in sleep mode when I checked it this morning - the resume from sleep time appears to be about 15 seconds or so (which is surprising as most mobile chips have a resume from suspend measured in the 300ms range as system memory is preserved in a self refresh mode - I suspect that tesla is shutting the system down and rebooting instead of using a suspend state).

Voice command seems to work but that is in my garage with low ambient noise. Have to try it in a more demanding condition. And I am *really* curious about the improved throttle response :) Per release notes it implies that model S just got a little faster off the line! Will be first thing I test once I get out of garage.

And have not tested the alarm function :)