Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is curious that some bugs that I saw when I first got my Model S seem to have disappeared. The most obvious is the pixelation on the driver/speedometer display. It was happening often, now seems to be gone. There is also a report of slightly changed charging behaviour when plugged in over a multiple day period.

Tesla may be installing "minor" fixes in the background and using the realease/install process only for major releases with change UI behaviour. Has anyone else noticed similar "silent" fixes?
This problem seems to be intermittent. I had it happen every day for the first week, then it didn't happen at all for two weeks, then this week it happened three times again. Not sure what triggers it but I doubt there has been any actual software update sent to the cars to fix it.

One other tidbit from my delivery experience, which may be old news is that apparently they are on the verge of rolling out a new firmware version. Would include proximity for door handles, proximity for Homelink, and a bunch of other things. The DS said he'd email me a PDF on the update.
If the proximity for homelink is old news I missed that, very cool! (sorry to derail, maybe move to the updates thread?)

One other tidbit from my delivery experience, which may be old news is that apparently they are on the verge of rolling out a new firmware version. Would include proximity for door handles, proximity for Homelink, and a bunch of other things. The DS said he'd email me a PDF on the update.

napabill just got his car and got this tidbit of information. Thanks!

If the proximity for homelink is old news I missed that, very cool! (sorry to derail, maybe move to the updates thread?)
We should probably move this to some dedicated homelink thread but...

This has me a little worried. If I just tap/tap my Homelink entry, my garage stops halfway up (it sends the signal too long). If I tap/tap/tap (HL/entry/HL), then my garage opens perfectly. I don't know how to game it like this when it's proximity "auto tap/tap".

Handles are way cool. As you approach they now automatically extend.

New Features...
Vehicle Sleep
App Launcher
Voice Commands

New Controls/Settings...
Auto-Presenting Door Handles
Alarm
Metric Distance Unit
Range Driving Mode

Enhancements...
Synchronized Door Handles
USB Media Browsing