Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
was thinking TM could set the calibration/startup swipe to happen only after car reaches 10mph or something.. that would solve the wet door/shirt issue probably...

Yea, I've been noticing the splash you as the door opens issue too. I think that if they just made it wait until the brake is depressed and the car is effectively turned on then it could safely assume that no one is standing outside the driver's door.

- - - Updated - - -

4.1 update 12-25 went well. Car did fully reboot twice after, each on 12-25 later in day after update. No issues as yet. Will look for any loss of rain sensor sensitivity but... I'll be in 6 inches of snow in 7 hours and a more interesting uodate will be how Elwood drives in real snow. Hoping that update will not be too interesting...!

Mine got the 4.1 update yesterday. After that the voice commands actually listen to me, not just my wife!

Thanks for the advice, everyone. The long (15 min) touchscreen fuse pull did the trick and my 3G is back. However, I used to get Slacker and the browser in my garage with 2 signal bars, now get 0-1 bar, like the sensitivity of the radio has decreased. I was thinking that it might be the rain decreasing the signal strength, but it's been raining continuously since mid-October here in Seattle so that can't be it. :frown:

Installing 4.x now after calling Tesla service and having them push it to the car.

Veterans of the 4.x firmware update...is it normal for the car to do nothing for a long period of time during the update, with the "Car needs service" message in the center console screen? I have read in these forums that the car does all kinds of crazy stuff during the update.

Installing 4.x now after calling Tesla service and having them push it to the car.

Veterans of the 4.x firmware update...is it normal for the car to do nothing for a long period of time during the update, with the "Car needs service" message in the center console screen? I have read in these forums that the car does all kinds of crazy stuff during the update.

Yes. The software updates appear to be an overall package, that starts with the supervisory code in the touchscreen and moves on to other subsystems that trigger "car needs service" alarms throughout the update cycle.

Napa, can you post a picture of the version portion of your About display? I'm confused by the version ordering you listed and curious if there's a setting that maybe makes it display differently (like mmm/dd/yyyy vs. other formats).

This is a test, right? Look, I'm at a motel in Tehapachi, CA and it is low thirties. This CA boy ain't going out to check the version number, for no one!:smile:

All I know for sure is that it is the rev includes 19.31

Perfect. Let me know if the firmware update comes with a backseat mat and pillar vents :)
4.1 came Christmas day. Had no problems, but...
My 3G was weak for first time yesterday, and my Bluetooth is down. Have not tried any type of reset yet. Will do and report back here to Base-camp.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but with the latest firmware update, the charge port stays lit while charging with the car locked. Before, all the lights would be off when I locked the car, even though the car was charging.

Perfect. Let me know if the firmware update comes with a backseat mat and pillar vents :)

Funny! In the next FW update I would like to also request frunk & trunk mats, plus the frunk cargo net for those of us who bought lowly production cars :)

On a more serious note, if any of you see the "coolant low" alarm, I suggest you have it checked out right away. The first couple of times I saw this very brief alarm (lasted 2-3 seconds), I disregarded it just like I did the sporadic low washer fluid alarm in a prior FW release. Yesterday I took the long 3 mile drive to the Menlo Park service center - they discovered the cap was off and it was 3 pints low. Also explained the occasional rattle which seemed to come from the dash, caused by the cap bouncing around, so now I'm rattle-free (or at least the car is).

I have found the same thing a couple of times znino. I think that the issue may be that we are Canadian! My DR told me that Tesla uses AT&T as the carrier even in Canada. I imagine then that it takes much longer to negotiate the initial connection and I have noticed that data quality is much worse as well then it is on any of my Rogers phones (which AT&T uses in Canada). I find that Slacker is almost unusable at times.

I think that short of Tesla negotiating a carrier agreement with Rogers, the solution is to get tethering enabled so that we can at least use our own phones for data.

Tethering would be nice indeed

You mean that Tesla is not providing a cargo net for the frunk for the production cars?!? People has complained about the nickel and dime nature of some to Tesla's previous decisions but this is total BS! This is the first I've heard of this.

I was told they just ran out. They proactively put it on the due bill in writing for me at time of delivery Sunday.

@napabill - Heh. Stay inside and warm. No rush.
It is V4.1 (Rev 1.19.31) Close. I corrected the original post.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but with the latest firmware update, the charge port stays lit while charging with the car locked. Before, all the lights would be off when I locked the car, even though the car was charging.
I have the latest (i believe) version 1.19.31, and it operates as before, with all lights turning off after a short amount of time, even as it continues to charge.