Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Technical / Mechanical Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can only get any glue if you take the front facia off, unfortunately yours is in one piece so it’s a bit complicated but doable. Search for front bumper removal videos. The sensor should be attached to the front cross member (at least it is on pre facelift car’s) and determine if it’s broken off or the connector is intact.

Reactions: FMinMI
You can only get any glue if you take the front facia off, unfortunately yours is in one piece so it’s a bit complicated but doable. Search for front bumper removal videos. The sensor should be attached to the front cross member (at least it is on pre facelift car’s) and determine if it’s broken off or the connector is intact.
Mine is post-facelift. And I have taken the fascia off once - it wasn't too difficult with 2 people. I am just wondering if the problem could be something other than the temp sensor itself, like a connector located elsewhere in the front of the vehicle that could be getting wet and causing a contact problem.

Guess I will need to take the fascia completely off and trace the wires back to the firewall. But I was hoping that someone else here (like a Tesla tech) might be able to tell me what to check so I don't have to do it by trial and error (and multiple fascia removals). Thanks.

Worked with my mechanic to diagnose a suspension creaking noise from the driver side rear.
They used microphones to isolate the noise to what I believe it's the rear forward toe link.
Upon visual inspection, it appears to be either bent, or otherwise damaged.

PXL_20230404_203139882.jpg
Screenshot_20230404-170605.png

Debating best course of action to address.
Option 1. I am considering using this as an excuse to upgrade to adjustable toe links and camber arms.
Option 2. On the other hand, my mechanic just thinks we can replace the bolt.
Option 3. A new OEM arm is not that expensive, but if I replace one OEM arm, should I replace them both?

Worked with my mechanic to diagnose a suspension creaking noise from the driver side rear.
They used microphones to isolate the noise to what I believe it's the rear forward toe link.
Upon visual inspection, it appears to be either bent, or otherwise damaged.

PXL_20230404_203139882.jpg
Screenshot_20230404-170605.png

Debating best course of action to address.
Option 1. I am considering using this as an excuse to upgrade to adjustable toe links and camber arms.
Option 2. On the other hand, my mechanic just thinks we can replace the bolt.
Option 3. A new OEM arm is not that expensive, but if I replace one OEM arm, should I replace them both?

Here is the rebuilt upper rear:

arms.jpg

Adjustable toe arm by N2itive and adjustable camber arm by Macsboost.
Used all new hardware sourced from boltsandnuts.com using spec from Tesla EPC.
Suffice to say this did resolve my creaking noise but may not have been the cheapest option!

Booted up the Model S this morning and was greeted by this glitched dash view. Eventually I figured out how to do an upper button reset, and after that the screen came back up as normal. Symptoms of a bigger problem?? I am still on MCU1.

get_attachment_url

Just took delivery of 2023 Model S. Also own 2020 Model Y. S has been a nightmare. Cracked windshield one day after taking delivery on June 5, 2023. One key card didn’t work.. Replacement windshield rescheduled twice. We showed up at service center in Ft Myers only to find replacement windshield was delayed. When it did show up it also cracked and they had order another replacement. Took five days to repair. One day after picking up vehicle we had the following. A/C stopped working. A/C won’t start from app. Front passenger door sticks: sometimes won’t open, sometimes won’t retract, sometimes door won’t close from inside and outside. Did I buy a lemon?

Just took delivery of 2023 Model S. Also own 2020 Model Y. S has been a nightmare. Cracked windshield one day after taking delivery on June 5, 2023. One key card didn’t work.. Replacement windshield rescheduled twice. We showed up at service center in Ft Myers only to find replacement windshield was delayed. When it did show up it also cracked and they had order another replacement. Took five days to repair. One day after picking up vehicle we had the following. A/C stopped working. A/C won’t start from app. Front passenger door sticks: sometimes won’t open, sometimes won’t retract, sometimes door won’t close from inside and outside. Did I buy a lemon?
Probably not. Quality has gone down. My mother in law’s X has ~40 miles on it (brand new) and it’s on the 3rd main battery….