Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Tour (Stores)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the following email yesterday about the new Beta in DC:
TeslaBetaInDC.jpg

The DC beta is VIN 22. It has been cleaned up but is still slightly used looking. The big screen does very little, the pano roof doesn't open and the exterior door handles don't work. You can't start the car. (does it actually have a motor?) the air suspension works which was kinda cool when four of us got in the car it kicked on and slightly but noticeably raised and leveled the car. It is exactly what the VIN 22 states - an early beta. It had been a long time (October - Fremont) since I had been in the Model S so it was still a thrill.

Im going to stop by the dc store this afternoon. More because i want to see how the black looks in person than any expectations for the interior. (and we will happen to be driving by there). Also somewhat curious to play with the range estimator tool.

Is anyone going to the Fashion Island event on Friday?

I plan on getting there in the morning when they open; will get a quick snack at Le Pain Quotidien (it's a bakery) which is just across the courtyard. If you're in the area, you have to try Keans Coffee located at : 2043 Westcliff Drive, Suite 100
Newport Beach, CA 92660. Owned by Mr. Diedrich (of Diedrich Coffee) himself.

Is anyone going to the Fashion Island event on Friday?

I'll be there in the Roadster sometime fairly late Friday (maybe around 7pm) on my drive from LA to San Diego. I don't expect there's much new to see at this point (I've ridden in the X and been for a few rides in the S), but it would be fun to see all four colors and the X lined up. Hopefully there will still be a charger free, but I'm okay without it regardless.

Fear though is I don't want anything to change my mind about colors since I've already placed my order!